Endless Sleep | Teen Ink

Endless Sleep

September 30, 2012
By IssaK BRONZE, Farmington, Utah
IssaK BRONZE, Farmington, Utah
3 articles 1 photo 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be ."


Nothing! That's all you could hear.... The air was heavy that summer evening, as a village lay silent except for the few whines of the horses. As he stumbled past the bodies of his friends and soldiers, blood seeped from his hip, where the dying soldier had struck him.

Each step sent a shiver up his entire body making him want to collapse right there, but he knew he had to keep going...he had to! As he got closer to the small cottage he saw the blazing fire destroying everything it could touch. He looked in shock as the last of the ruins crumpled into ash, he tried to run but winced in pain as blood ran down his leg drenching the leg of his trousers once more.

He saw the crumpled body near the edge of the cottage and limped as fast as he could towards it. As he stared at the body before him tears ran down his face, washing away the dry blood that once was there. As he took one more step towards it, he screamed in pain, feeling like fire was running through his body. He fell to the ground feeling his body slowly go num, as he reached out and grabbed the limp hand of what was going to be his bride to be. As his vision started to blur he thought, why? why did my life have to end this way.....

He could feel the light in his eyes slowly disappearing. As he started into the empty gaze of her sapphire eyes, he thought, this is it, but at least I get to go to my end looking at you, into an Endless Sleep!