« Previous issue January 31, 2017 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Couch Potato Disease

There's a plague sweeping our nation, folks. It's called the plague of the Couch Potato and it has probably showed up in your house at one point or another. When we've got school and sports and clubs to go to, it's no wonder when we get home that we drop everything and just want to congeal on the couch for a while. Those bursts of laziness that we all experience are bad for us not only physically, but also mentally. Too much of the day, we're shutting off our brains and not thinking critically and creatively. So here are a few ways to keep your brain moving even when all you want to do is relax! (Read more »)

Spend Your Summer at Georgetown University

This summer, we invite you to experience the excitement of college life at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. Our Summer High School Programs offer a variety of ways for you to pursue your interests and get ahead. Live on campus, meet classmates from around the world, and earn college credit--all while exploring subjects ranging from business and medicine to journalism and leadership.

Learn More

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

Stone Cold

Fiction

Sunfire

Sports

Basketball is Amazing

Opinion

Luv 2 Txt

This Week's Most Popular Computer Graphics

Ozzy Asmodai Pinkelton
Bystanders
Kitsunebi

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Poetry

Fiction

Nonfiction

Hot Topics

Health

Environment

Forums

Opinion

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs