« Previous issue May 3, 2016 issue       Back to archive Next issue »

Put Your Fears in Fiction

EVERYONE'S AFRAID OF SOMETHING. Whether it's creepy-crawlies or bumps in the night, slithering snakes or great heights, there's something out there that has your number. Take a moment to think about that thing that makes your heart pound and your palms sweaty, your stomach lurch and your breath stop in your lungs. What's the thing that just can't be reasoned away, the thing that makes you want to run? As uncomfortable as it is to think about, your fears might be the source of your greatest writing, if you can learn to harness their primal power. (Read more »)

St. John's College Summer Academy

St. John's College Summer Academy is a pre-college, residential program for 15 to 18 year olds interested in exploring the liberal arts. Five one-week sessions are offered on St. John's two beautiful campuses: three sessions in Santa Fe, NM and two in Annapolis, MD. Students are encouraged to think for themselves and develop their intellectual confidence. In a week, minds are sharpened and views on education and life are transformed.
www.sjc.edu

This Week's Most Popular Articles

Free Verse

Irony

Fiction

In the Jungle

Sports

NASCAR

Opinion

The Importance of Music in Schools

This Week's Most Popular Computer Graphics

Rihanna
idk i was borad
the orgiastic future

View more
images »

Submit my
own work »

Browse the Teen Ink Website Written by teens

Poetry

Fiction

Nonfiction

Hot Topics

Health

Environment

Forums

Opinion

Book Reviews

Art / Photos

College Reviews

Summer Programs