What it Means to be Human | Teen Ink

What it Means to be Human

December 24, 2017
By Priyanka Raghu BRONZE, Bangalore, Other
Priyanka Raghu BRONZE, Bangalore, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When all the oxygen from Earth was drained,
There stood one girl.
Her lungs flaring up in pain,
But her heart wanting to help those sane.
She walked up to the nearest man,
Gave him the last breath of oxygen left.
She did not care that he was transgender,
She only thought he was human.

Humans are unique beings. Science has tried to make sense out of the world but the mind is more complicated than words. Unity in Diversity has been the thread of hope since life on Earth began. This very diversity is what has helped us live among the innumerable things that we cannot begin to understand.

As time passed, new cultures emerged. New people with new thoughts and new ideas that the world did not try to understand. This slowly led to hate and this hate led to suffering. Once a peaceful world of different people from different walks of life, decided they were the only kind of people that that was "normal enough" to exist in the world. They forgot that once upon a time even they were not "normal".

Human beings have forgotten this uniqueness that each one had was what let them exist happily among each other. Now, people have started judging based on caste, creed, region, religion, gender and sexuality. People who terrorize continue to do so and reduce people who fear into a dust of Earth's memory.

So, Fight. Fight against these people, not physically but with your actions. Rebel against wrong, fight for what is right. Fight to remind people that the Earth is beautiful because of its Diversity. Fight for your rights. Give voices to those who were made to forget how to speak. Fight until the world is peaceful again. And love. Love each and everyone for whoever they are, because that is what makes us human.