Age and the Elderly | Teen Ink

Age and the Elderly

June 17, 2016
By Tallula77 PLATINUM, Sandhausen, Other
Tallula77 PLATINUM, Sandhausen, Other
46 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
With shortness of breath, I'll explain the infinite- how rare and beautiful it is that we exist
By sleeping at last


Do you think age is important? In my opinion it defnitely isn't. In fact it makes me sad to see how new and older generations are growing apart in every day life. Older people are often forgotton. They were different things anad listen to different music and this confuses us sometimes. But have you ever looked at them and wondered what's going on in their minds? They have seen and experienced so many things, met so many characters. They have stories to tell a whole world in their head that is waiting to be put into words. So much wisdom that we don't see any more, so much love.

If we listened more how much could we learn? How much harmony would our life contain? Couldn't they teach us so much history and in return we could explain them our point of views technical things perhaps. Have you ever gone to a different country in which you couldn't understand the language? That's how older people must feel at times. They grew up without the internet, without phones and televisions, without colourful hair dye and in-fashion ripped jeans. Next time you see someone older on the street just stop and think that everyone wants to feel wanted and needed. It's the light that sits in our souls and wait's to be lit up. It's what keeps us alive. 


The author's comments:

Remember everyone grows old someday!