The Teenage Years

The teenage years.

The covenanted awkward stage in our lives.  It’s true, we feel adults don’t understand us. We think the world revolves around us. We crave attention. Our self worth is solely based on the number of instagram followers we have. We get down on ourselves about the little things that nobody notices. All we want to do is fit in. We get insecure. We get emotional. We get moody. We’re hormonal. One minute we’re on top of the world and the next, we question why we’re even in it. We may have bad attitudes and we may rebel, but don’t let that fool you. We are pensive and insightful. We may put on our stolid faces for you, but only because our feelings are amplified. We don’t know who we are yet, and that scares us. We spend this time trying to find ourselves, lost yet in a world that just keeps getting bigger. We are each an overwhelming compilation of flaws, but altogether, these flaws make up something individually beautiful and perfect. Don’t underestimate us. We are more than just a byproduct of the society we live in.

The teenage years. Temporary, but not arbitrary.

The teenage years.

Ronny said...
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sums up exactly how if feel about teens! i've been contimplating writing something like this for a while, but with the BRILLIANT Job you've done i don't think i'll even try! --Ronny.

aligurrlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you! I think you should definitely go ahead and write it :)

live_luv_laugh_inspire said...
Added this to my favorites!!! Very well done, and I especially like the ending. Your article is very relatable and inspirational, and helps validate that yes, these years are tough-a lot tougher than we realized when we were younger-but we'll get through them!

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you liked it!