I Want to Be Younger | Teen Ink

I Want to Be Younger

By onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia
onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia

When we're little, we want to be older. We wish we could be 16, so we can drive. We wish we can be 18, so we can move out.We want to be 21 so we can drink. When we're 40 we want to be 20 again. When we're 50 we want to be 16, and finally when we're like 80 or 90 something, we realize that we should have enjoyed life better when we were younger.

When I was 6, I wanted to be 13 so I could be the same age as Kiki on Kiki's Delivery Service. When I was 9 and my sister introduced me to Yu Yu Hakusho, I wanted to be 14 or 15 and 4 foot 10 like Hiei. Now that I'm 14, I wish I could be 6 and 9 again.

When you're 6 and look at people, all you see are people. You don't see that really fat lady, you don't see that old man that's bald, you don't see that 30-year-old cute guy that's WAY too old for you, and you don't see the 2 year age difference in your best friend, you just see a friend. We except everything so much easier.

When we're teens, we look at that fat lady and are sure that she needs to go on a diet, and when we see that old guy that's bald we think he needs to try that hair growth stuff that we see on TV, when we see that 30-year-old guy we think how cute is, not how he's almost 20 years older than us, and we're only friends with people our age. What happened?

I look around at school, and see boys sagging their pants because they think it looks cool. Guess what boys, it looks stupid. Makes you look like you're too ignorate to pull your pants up, or wear pants that fit. I see girls with shurts so tight you see every lump that we didn't know you had, and wear the shirt so low that all those new boobs that you have look like their about to explode out of your shirt.

Why do we do that at our teen years? Becuase we want to look older. Why? What's wrong with being a teen? When your 30 or 40 you're going to wish you were a teen again.

I look around and see 8th graders my age looking for boyfriends and girlfriends, then weeks later break up with them. The whole point in getting a boy/girlfriend is to someday marry them. When you're 13, 14, 15, you don'r marry! Their's no point in having a boyfriend/girlfriend when you're that young. At 18, 19, and 20, yes. Why now? Why?

on Dec. 8 2011 at 10:17 pm
TheWhiteFlower BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

No man can be called friendless who has God and the companionship of good books. ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Yes,

I agree with how stupid Teens can get.

I just wish they would act their age and stop acting dumb just for attention. Especially the guys who sag their pants its just gross.

TaurusGal GOLD said...
on Nov. 4 2011 at 6:35 am
TaurusGal GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
It is like you can see through my mind... I am thinking the same thing as you do. I totally agree you. People always hope for more and more, not realising they already have a happy life.