Life | Teen Ink

Life MAG

Life is really important to me; it is a privilege just being here. To me, life is something that should be experienced as fun, amusing and interesting. It shouldn’t be taken for granted because you never what day will be your last. You shouldn’t hold grudges because you never know what could happen next. At the age of nine, I learned that.

It was the summer before fifth grade and my best friend Neesah and I were playing. We got into an argument, which turned physical. Our fight was broken up by my older cousin, Tiffany. I remember Neesah storming out of my grandmother’s house saying, “I hope we never speak again!”

I replied, “ Good, I don’t need you as a friend!”

I went into the house trying to calm myself only to hear screaming and yelling. My cousin rushed in saying that Neesah had been hit. As she was crossing the road, a street sweeper came through and, unable to see her small body, hit her. I felt awful. I wished it had been me instead because I realized it could all have been avoided if we hadn’t had that argument.

When the ambulance arrived a few minutes later, she was pronounced dead. I was a complete mess. I attended therapy with a psychologist for the rest of the summer, whom I believe is the reason I am where I am mentally.

I miss Neesah so much and always think of her. She taught me how precious life is and that you should never hold a grudge because you never know when you’ll see that person again.

aphilly DIAMOND, St. Paul Park, Minnesota

"Have you ever once in your life reached out to touch infinity?" -Ellen Hopkins

I can see why you would feel guilty but you have to remember that everyone makes mistakes and that you have to love yourself. and your right, life is precious

Someone_Who_Is_Loved GOLD, Mount Forest, Other

This quote is one I made up.....
"You can't climb a mountian without a harness." It means that you can't go where you want to get in life without the help of your friends or family.

******might not be here tomorrow*****

This quote is one I made up.....

You must feel so guilty! If she would have left three minutes after she wouldn't have been hit! I just realize (thanx to your article) that I should go apologize to my friend because she couldn't be here tomorrow. Thank you for helping me realize that.

That makes me so sad!!! It's a reminder to love what you have and make the best of it and live in the moment, because what you love most can be taken away from you in the blink of an eye.

playboy said...
wowo that was a story was sad and instering something that u think would happen and then it dose that has to be on e of the worse things that happen to u trust me ik how u feel