Black Lives Matter | Teen Ink

Black Lives Matter

By kaylavega BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
kaylavega BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Racism has existed for many years and it still does.In America,white on black crime has been the cause for the creation of The Black Lives Matter Movement. The article “ I support BLM’s cause,but not it’s approach,” Barbara talks about the wrong thing do the movement and the right thing to do.In “The Matter of Black Lives,”Jelani explains that the Black  Lives Matter is a totally right thing. Barbara Reyold’s viewpoint on the role of black lives matter is that she supports the movement but not the approach and uses context and juxtaposition.While Jelani Cobb viewpoint is that black lives matter is important and that they are doing the right thing using violence and supports this by using facts and expert interview.

Barbara Rayold’s viewpoint on black lives matter describes that black lives matter is important but using violence is not the right thing to do.She uses historical context and Juxtaposition. in the 1960s activists confronted white people and police with,”Dignity and decorum...and kneeling in prayer.”This evidence reveal that protest before weren't  violent and that's how it should be today. Although black Lives are important peace is the way or answer.But protest today usually end with people “peppered with their hate speech,profanity,and guys sagging.”This is the wrong way to get justice and contrasts with the 1960 protest because of the violence.They are “peppered”which means they are peppered sprayed for being aggressive or violent which creates more drama.
While in the second article Jelani’s viewpoint is that black lives matter approach is correct and uses facts and expert interview .Black activist have been responsive toward police for years but the reason for the reason for this is,”such problems have persisted ...and esculated under African American presidency.”This evidence highlights that police brutality has increased under Obama. The phrase “Problems have persisted “ describes that problems are continuing in America and getting worse, so The  black lives matter movement should continue to be violent and be the same. As Garza says,”Conditions have shifted...institutions have shifted to meet those conditions.” Black lives has continuing to get more serious in society. So we continue to get more serious in protest.

In conclusion,”I support BBL ,but not its approach “ Reyolds describes that the movement is right but not the actions while using historical context and contrast ,while “The matter of Black Lives,” Cobb explains that the movement and the approach is correct if problems are worse and uses expert interview and facts.This is important because this is a debate today and there is still no right way in how to get equality and justice in America.

This is about a recent movement today and peoples thoughts on protest