We Did it Before, We Can do it Again | Teen Ink

We Did it Before, We Can do it Again

July 31, 2010
By tomgirl.93 GOLD, Sudbury, Massachusetts
tomgirl.93 GOLD, Sudbury, Massachusetts
10 articles 2 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Learn who you are and stand by it."


We live in a world where to some extent we want everything to be prefect and “normal”. To many people this means you have white and someone who is straight. I ask, why? I may be white but respect others with the same respect people should give me. In the US only five states (10%) have legalized gay marriage. To me this is really upsetting. To make that a little worse, all but one of the states (Iowa) are located in New England. What are they doing right? Or is it because they are smaller and more liberal to pass laws, but way does it have to be a law not just it’s done and no one has a problem with it. I feel very strongly on this issue. We tough for civil rights in the 60’s, woman’s rights in the 20’s and years before, now in the 21st century we need to fight for gay rights.
Even if you’re straight you should care enough for the happiness of others, for it is not affecting you. At my school, it is said it’s “Easer to be gay than republican” Maybe that’s not right, but we are an extremely liberal school.
Does it really kill you to see, two people of the same gender kissing, more than one of each gender. Its still just a kiss.
Stop doing nothing, and fight for what is right for everyone.