Blacks Are Racist, Too | Teen Ink

Blacks Are Racist, Too MAG

By Anonymous

     I once thought that all racists were Caucasian people but I have learned that anyone can be racist. Racism is big in the twenty-first century. I didn’t realize that black people were racist against white people until seventh grade when we had a lot of blacks and Mexicans at school. There were a few Asians and South Americans but few Caucasians. As a black, I hung out with other blacks and Mexicans since we could really communicate with our slang.

In our group, someone might say, “Look at that ugly white girl.” Another would say something mean about that white person and then the whole group would start talking nonsense about the white person. Minutes later we would start shouting mean things. A white person who dated a black person at our school was discriminated against and thought to be having a case of jungle fever. If a black or Mexican went out with someone, nothing was said about that person but if a white person went out with someone they were considered a slut.

You would see crowds of only blacks and Mexicans. They had a dance team and a cheerleading squad at the school. But if a white girl was on the dance team, she was considered a lousy dancer even if she was good (so there were only two white cheerleaders).

I am sad to say that I was part of the group who taunted the Caucasians. I was always mad when I heard about a white person discriminating against a black or Mexican but I didn’t realize that I was doing the same thing to whites. Now I realize my mistakes and have changed my attitude. I might be chocolate ice cream and you might be vanilla, but all that matters is that we are both ice creams.