Don't Pray for Me | Teen Ink

Don't Pray for Me

agree with Haley L. I totally agree with what she has said, I honestly couldn't have said it any better myself. As I sit here typing this up, I can't help but think what is next. I don't know if my class, my friends, my loved ones are going to be the next victims. I sit here traumatized, scared and shocked after everything that has occurred. I can relate to when she states that she doesn't want to be memorialized and wants to survive. Why? Because I want that for myself. I know this may seem selfish because it seems like I just don't want to die. But it's not even that. Its my parents who I am worried about. I don't want them to go through the fear of having to look me in the eyes and tell me to take care when I'm being dropped off. It is not fair. They bring me and my siblings to school in order to have a better future. They let go of our hand when they drop us off hoping and praying that nothing happens to us. Them being hurt is what hurts me. And I know that they are not the only parents going through this. So thank you, thank you for letting the world know how most of of students feel.