Feedback on "The Life that Changed Mine" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "The Life that Changed Mine"

December 4, 2016
By beckym10 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
beckym10 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In “The Life that Changed Mine,” Magaret DeSanto-Kearns tells of her journey through her pregnancy with her daughter, Riley. Instead of being burdened by the fact that she would have to care for an extra person, it became motivation for her to strive for her goals; one such was graduating from high school early. She became inspired and hardworking, wanting to do the most for her baby girl, even with the responsibilities that lied ahead. Margaret cherished the time she spent with Riley, watching her grow and accepting the change that came along with it.
I, though, have not found such a motivation yet. I do not have a clear dream nor am I sure who I want to be. I don’t consider myself to be the responsible and accomplished person I hope to be. Hours and days of procrastination lead up to the important projects and homework that need to be done. Margaret, however, has taught that if I want something done, I will have to work for it.  Someday, I too wish to find that something or someone that gets me to try my hardest. Until then, I will learn and grow, watching myself change, as Margaret and Riley have.