Appreciation of Change of Trend | Teen Ink

Appreciation of Change of Trend

September 14, 2014
By ohana.d PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
ohana.d PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
20 articles 3 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Life is sarcastically a beautiful journey...

Bs is expected but not accepted....


To the Editor,

 

I am an avid reader of your newspaper. What a breath of fresh air to open your esteemed newspaper and find articles about the changing trend of our Indian clothing style!

 

It is great to know that the stylish yet functional Indian traditional clothes are back on the party circuit. If you want to make a style statement that is "in" and unique, reach out for the traditional attire, whether it is the Zardosi kurta-pyjama for men or the six yards of elegance- the saree. The ethnic charm is exuded in simple outfits in India. The embroidery types, which is our intrinsic talent on the cardigans, shawls, ghagra, lehenga choli, salwar kameez, sherwanis, saree (the most versitile drape), etc displays our rich handicraft. It is commendable that we are able to welcome the western winds whilst keeping upright our tradition and cultre. With our ancient clothware back in fashion, the party circuits across the globe are bringing the flamboyant and stylish era back in action.

 

In these times of globalisation, people should be encouraged to maintain their ethinicity in order to preserve the richness and diversity of human civilisation.

 

Thankyou.