Feedback | Teen Ink

Feedback

October 13, 2010
By AllieJo2619 SILVER, Denver, Colorado
AllieJo2619 SILVER, Denver, Colorado
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
In a world where you can be anything, be yourself, original and unique. Never sellout and become the one you copied from. be the person everyone wants to copy.


Dear TeenInk,

I love your poetry section. It is filled with a wide variety of poems from life situations to a three-lined poem about insomnia. Every week I am really able to connect to multiple poems.

This week, I loved reading “Earthworm Matrimony” by Rachel Epperly. At first, I didn’t want to read it, but once I started it, I immediately connected to it. The author helped paint a familiar setting in my head: three small children underneath the table playing husband and wife. Rachel Epperly also touched down on a topic that affects most children today: Divorce. The author tells about her parents fighting and the moment when her father indefinitely left her family.

This author had a strong message hidden beneath the metaphors of her poem. Teen Ink always does a great job of selecting the poems that spark everyone’s interest and this definitely hit the spot. Thank you, Rachel, for writing this piece. It is powerful and inspiring.