An Environmental Killer | Teen Ink

An Environmental Killer MAG

By Stephanie Yan BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Stephanie Yan BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

In “Meat: An Environmental Killer,” Vidushi S. explains a unique way we can all tackle the growing problem of global warming. The article explains that we don't have to get rid of our cars or swear off anything factory-produced; we can simply eat less meat. Doing so cuts back on pollution and damage to the rainforests, wastes less water, and helps prevent world hunger.

Before I read this extremely persuasive ­article, I had no idea that people become vegetarians for reasons besides religion, views on animal cruelty, medical complications, and personal preference. When I saw the statistics printed on the page, I was shocked at the damage I was unwittingly doing to the earth. I can't promise that I will be a vegetarian, but I'm sure that many others besides me were convinced by this article to watch their meat intake more carefully.

The next time my family wants to eat at McDonald's, I'll mention this to them and try to get them to do something more veggie-friendly. Thank you, Vidushi, for bringing it to my attention.

cHICKEN jOE said...
on Mar. 11 2010 at 12:26 pm
THIS IS A VERY PERSUASIVE PIECE AND IT IS VERY GOOD.

on Feb. 22 2010 at 5:43 pm
Stephanie, you don't know how amazing it feels to see that my article made sense and resounded with someone like you. Thanks so much for taking the time to read it thoughtfully and consider what I was saying.