The On-Earth Upside Down | Teen Ink

The On-Earth Upside Down

I don't know how to start this. There are a lot of things i want to say I just don't know how. I know that this could be important to someone but it is hard to start. We have all been sad. But there is a diffrent kind of sad. An empty sad. A dark sad that leaves you feeling nothing but the feeling of no hope. I have been in this state of sad and to be honest, i still find myself in this state off and on. This state is not sad. It is depression. It gets dark. It gets to a point of no retern. In the bad stages, things are...well bad. I have gotten to the point where i felt there was no escape but to actually escape life. But good friends and an amazing teacher have helped me in so many ways. The teacher has done more for me than any other person. Sometimes i still slip back in but, i know my friends are always there to pull me out. Being depressed is almost like being in the upside down in Stranger Things. I have to be pulled out before a dimigorden that is my mind takes me into the abysse that is no life. But my point is life can get better. I read a book by Connor Franta called "Note to Self". There were two chapters on it. If you are going through this, as scary as it seems, talk to someone. One word from someone who cares about you can change everything. As Dan Howell said "Have the courage to exist."

This means a lot to me and I hope it can help someone.