Reduce It | Teen Ink

Reduce It

Picture where farmers food products and dairy products come from. You imagine the bright blue sky; chickens are doing what they do and cows relaxing in the grassy field but behind closed doors they are being injected, fed with growth hormone steroids. Animals don’t ask to have steroids put inside their body to get their size bigger. Farmer that are using steroids to get their animals larger are causing major side effects to humans such as early puberty and cancer.
Since the 1960, farmers around the globe started to inject hormone growth steroids mainly to cows, chickens, lambs, etc. Farmers started to feed and inject farm animals with steroids because they needed to speed meat production by 20%. For instance “March 5, 1960 David Williams began injecting his farm animals to speed production, he started to inject his cows with a 15 mg crushed pill”. The FDA says that 20 mg through 40 mg is a safe amount to inject the animals without harming humans. In some countries Peru, Greece, Cyprus, Paraguay, Colombia, Netherlands, Slovenia and other countries has all banned animal steroiding. Those countries had got rid of steroiding animals because they knew what was possible if animals had it in their bloodstream for a long period of time. “Leaving hormone growth steroids may cause extremely dangerous bacteria on meats”. People knew that they’re at risk for eating meat that was raised with growth steroids.

Cows are being injected with steroids to produce more than what they normally can. People all over the world don't know about the dangers of drinking milk and eating meat from an animal that has had steroids in them. The animals that are being injected the hormone steroids or by pill form are passing through to people. For example, “Dairy farms that are feeding cows with a 40 mg steroid pill are giving the cows an unsafe amount for humans, The milk from cows are building up more bacteria that is causing young female children to hit early puberty”. The amount of steroids that are given to the animals are becoming more and more serious every day. This situation should be concerning parents all over the globe because it’s getting little girls to hit puberty between the ages 9-11. The cows that are being injected with hormone growth drugs are not just causing early puberty but the drug is also causing in some cases high fever. “Some dairy farms that has used steroids on their cows are told that the milk in their product are having more bacterial problems that are causing severe fever issues, they were taken a chart that showed nine out of twelve kids got fever ranging from 105-107 under two days”. The farm name cannot be revealed but that dairy farm is not the only one out there. There has been several farms that has also been told that and they keep ignoring the problem with their milk. These growth hormone pill injection are just causing major problems for all humans. People see it as just a minor problem that can just be brushed off the shoulder. These “little things” might be just a little minor problem but do you know what major problem it is causing people?  No.
There are a lot of people just thinking that this hormone steroid is causing nothing to the human body. But this steroid is causing more than just a minor fever or early puberty it is causing cancer. The steroid Has been increasing the cancer amounts since it was first discovered.
Steroided meat has been increasing the risk of getting prostate cancer by three times higher than regular and a higher risk of getting premenopausal breast cancer more than double of what it is usually. “Levels had nearly a 50 percent higher risk of prostate cancer and a 65 percent higher risk of hormone-dependent premenopausal breast cancer if had eaten meat with steroid injection”. People never expected for all these thing to happen to the human body. For all people know this hormone steroid is probably why cancer beats the cure the human race has created for it. This hormone steroid is also one of the reasons why infant babies are being born with cancer. “Cancer has been around for generations but between 1930-1949 recorded shows that nine-hundred and fifty-two infants died and between 1967-1988 in record it shows that ten thousand and one hundred six”. Thats a huge increase of 9,154 infants dying within a only a 39 year period. Imagine for the year 2015 how many babies die due to passed through steroid from what the mother ate.
In conclusion, it is not safe to give any animal more than a 10 mg pill of the hormone drug injection. It causes serious some side effects that can be extremely dangerous such as high fever, early puberty for young females and the worst u can get prostate cancer and breast cancer. This hormone drug is a dangerous steroid “don’t let cow eat you from the inside”(anonymous).  So don’t let this growth hormone steroid take over what the mind control.