Fragile Ascension | Teen Ink

Fragile Ascension

By SunShinePoliteBoy SILVER, Miami, Florida
SunShinePoliteBoy SILVER, Miami, Florida

Some people think that rocket ships are one of the few things that exited the atmospheres. No amount of vicious greenhouse gases can penetrate the ozone layer. No animal has ever been outside earth’s gravitational reach for billions of years. But, who would think that the one of earth’s most pathetically fragile objects, a balloon could transverse through boundaries we, Humans, could have only fathomed up until the 1960’s? To really capitalize on its significance, they do so easily! It may not seem as though this was a particularly phenomenal concept, but just imagine if the balloon had eyes it can see with. The many wonders they will experience floating of into the unknown. Its trek through the stars could take it to the inhabitable sulfur oceans of the sister planet Venus, or to the ever blue giant, Neptune, near the dark, cold corner of the galaxy. It could fly though the majestic rings of Saturn, but its imagination would not be so limited. It could visit all the stars and the ever-expanding universe as we know it! But something so meek couldn’t control its direction. For all we know, the party component drifts off to smother the radiating heat of the sun. But the little guy couldn’t even trespass the blanket, for it would only meet its end. Much like life, things get in the way. Anything could detract the balloon. And much like a balloon life may be fragile but fleeting, life keeps going. Nothing can contain the advent of life, and it can take many turns. We just brace for the ride to shoot for the stars!

God works in mysterious ways, doesn't he? To think that i generated this short speculation from when a friend of mine mentions a mere balloon. Some things aren't as miniscule as we see them to be. I hope you enjoyed this little story, and took something out of it that will build upon your successful foundation. Thank you.