Animal Testing | Teen Ink

Animal Testing

By JakeB_fromstatefarm BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
JakeB_fromstatefarm BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

There is a huge problem going on right now not just in the U.S. but the whole world, and that is if animals should be used for testing. Some people say that it is fine to use animals for testing. This problem has been going on for decade’s. Some people say we should use animals for testing, but Clearly the answer is no animals should not be used for testing. Here are some reasons on why we should not use animals for testing. A huge amount of animals are injured every year from being used for testing, the facility that test the animals almost always need more than one test, and the things we test on animals that are used on humans don’t have the same effects on humans.

Now going deeper into our evidence. We are going to be talking about how a huge amount of animals are injured every year from animal testing. According to https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-animal-testing “Over 100 million animals are burned, crippled, poisoned, and abused in US labs every year.” www.dosomething.org is a very good website for this because they did research on this themselves and got research from other good websites. This is a huge problem because a lot of the animals they use can be used as household pets (mice,fish,dogs,etc), and as we know from our experiences with our pets they feel pain is putting these poor animals through pain really worth new hair products.

Here’s some evidence on them putting not just one batch of poor animals through pain, but many. Most of the time the places that use animals for testing need more than just one test. Here is a quick quote from https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-animal-testing on this topic. “According to the Humane Society, registration of a single pesticide requires more than 50 experiments and the use of as many as 12,000 animals”. www.dosmething.org is a very good website for this because they did research on this themselves and got research from other good websites.  This evidence shows how just for a simple pesticide that’s is going to kill just that much more animals requires 12,000 animals to begin with. We really want to put animals through pain just to get something that's going to kill even more animals.

Here is some evidence showing that we have different effects than the animals do to a lot of things they test for. A lot of the stuff we test on animals has a different effect on us. According to www.scincemuseum.org “In the 1950’s a sleeping pill thalidomide, caused over 10,000 babies to be formed with disabilities prior to animal testing”. This website specializes researching animal testing, and to try and correct the mistakes the facility that did a failed test. This shows that they put animals through pain just to make the babies suffer. Do you really think that they should be able to put not only the animals through pain but then have it even go to waste by not working or causing harm. 

After looking and considering all of the evidence you just read can’t you see why animal testing is so bad. Almost 24/7 animals are being used for testing which means animals being killed, burned, poisoned, and tortured. You know when you see the commercials on T.V. about animal abuse and adopting beaten animals, well this is just as bad as when they are beaten and killed except they don’t get found and put up for adoption. This topic does not just relate to you it relates to the entire world. Animals from all around the world are being harmed for shampoo and soaps. Everyone that reads this piece go tell someone about this then tell them to tell another person so we can stop animal testing make way more well known than it is now.