Peta Uncovered- Letter to Editor | Teen Ink

Peta Uncovered- Letter to Editor

By tab_is_fab SILVER, West Palm Beach, Florida
tab_is_fab SILVER, West Palm Beach, Florida

Dear Editor,

I think you will find the following information to be eye opening and a great story to be published! It has to do with the torture animals happening right now in America inside of scientific labs.

At this moment there are millions of animals being electrocuted, tortured, and mutilated. This is all for the sake of our simple everyday items including cleaning supplies, hygiene products, cosmetics, and medications. The most commonly used animals are monkeys, rabbits, mice, and even dogs and cats.

The issue is that a lot of these experiments are government required. Also, a portion of our taxes are invested in performing these brutal experiments. The good news is that there is a non-profit organization called Peta. They inform the public of these horrid procedures being done to animals and supply a broad range of methods to help this experimentation stop. Some of these methods include advertising, protesting, and boycotting. Their most effective method is using digital media to unveil the truth that goes on behind closed doors of experimental labs.

I hope you will find this story to be intriguing and as well heartbreaking.

Sincerely,

Tabitha Bavosa