The Price of Giving | Teen Ink

The Price of Giving

By Jkaufman2 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Jkaufman2 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

"The Price of Giving" by Rae K. contains a very strong opinion about sharing. She describes how the unwealthy population tends to donate more often than the wealthier. I believe she nailed it right on the head. "The poorest households in America donate about 4% of their income to charity. The wealthiest 5% of Americans on average give less than half of that." This quote supports her opinion with factual evidence. The less affluent somebody may be, it seems they are ore willing to allocate. Giving anything whether it be money, entertainment or even time keeps a positive atmosphere in the world. We desperately need more people to step up and care for eachother. Thank you, Rae for pointing out that every idividual needs to contribute more to the community.

on Feb. 9 2017 at 12:49 am
C.S.Dogood GOLD, San Juan Capistrano, California

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.”

where can I find these quotes? This is so interesting and I want to write about it