To All the Men Who Think Guys Are Stronger Than Girls

To all the men that think guys are stronger than girls,

Really? When makes you think that men have more potential than women?

I am a 12 year old girl who has listened to boys take advantage of girls for years. I mainly hear this happening on the news, on my summer swim team, in public schools, and on other sport teams.

It annoys me the most when you say things like “You got beat by a girl!” or “You play like a girl!”
I find these extremely offensive, and I think most other women do to.

When you say things like this it makes women feel self conscious and embarrassed to try new things.

For example: A girl at my school might be too  afraid to try out for the soccer team because boys said she wouldn’t make it. Or, A girl that is really good at science might feel to self conscious to participate in the science fair.

Women shouldn't be afraid of who they are just because of your hateful words.

Whenever I hear this happening to someone I try my best to find the courage to say something to them. But sometimes I just don’t know what to say.

Obviously I know that not all men are like this. I know that there are good people in the world. But last I checked there was no proof that guys are neither physically nor mentally stronger than girls.

I can name many inspirational women that exceeded people's expectations. People such as: Katie Ledecky, Misty Copeland and Alex Morgan. All of these women work hard to get to where their are and absolutely deserve it.

I hope that after reading this you can finally get a serious wake-up call that you can't go around treating women the way that you do.

The girl that wants you to stop being a jerk,

Katherine Y.