My Personal Experience with Bullying | Teen Ink

My Personal Experience with Bullying

December 8, 2016
By TheGolemLord BRONZE, Horicon, Wisconsin
TheGolemLord BRONZE, Horicon, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"You won't know until you try"


Sigh I wish I'd never had this kind of experience or these types of stories to tell, but here I am, and just a warning, if you get uncomfortable with darker topics (cutting, depressing, suicide, etc.) stop reading now because sadly, these kinds of things happened, this is basically my life story summed up so far.....so here we go.

 

Let's start from the beginning, I was born in a town called Hartford, and we lived in a small town a couple miles away called Juneau, and my older brother was autistic and he went to the school there, and I was still at home. After a few days, he didn't want to go to school because he would be crying. One day, he really didn't want to go in, but my dad did get him to class, he started to leave but, he just got a feeling he should go back and look. When he did he looked through the door window and saw the teacher trying to get him to sit in a chair, the first two times just getting him to sit, and the third time she slammed him HARD into it and my dad got pissed and barged through the door and the teacher's eyes got wide and he got in her face and said "you ever slam my kid again I'll tear your f****** head off." He grabbed my brother and started walking out the door, the teacher yelled "You can't just leave," and my dad said "watch me," and walked out and never stepped foot in that school again.


We then moved to Mayville, another small town a few miles away from where we use to live and went to that school there because they have a great special ed program and classes and still is to this day. We lived in an apartment complex with a bunch of other kids that lived there so I had fun.


Kindergarten up to 5th grade was great and I made a lot of friends there, but in the third grade we moved to Horicon, where I still live today, there are no kids around though so I was pretty lonely with no other kids to play with when I was young. 6th grade is when it went to hell in a handgun, a lot started happening around that time. The week before 6th grade my grandpa passed away which made me really sad. A new kid that showed up and his group of friends he made started bullying me, hard. for the next two and a half years, it would continue until it was put to a stop, but I'll get to that later.


My best friend who I have been friends with since the third grade started changing a lot. He didn't have the best home environment, always arguing with his parents, but he didn't make it any better. He would always want to come over to my house just so he could get away from home and do anything he wants at my house. My parents are really lenient with me and don't even force me to do chores, but I still help around the house. He basically used me now that I think back about it.


So with all my friends were his friends before we met because he grew up in Mayville, but I didn't like I said before, so in 7th grade, we started arguing and getting angry with each other more often, and he crossed the line when he told an important secret I told him to keep to all his friend, and we got into a really big argument and almost a fight, but I was the bigger man and walked away, he told his friends what happened and they took his side for some stupid reason, and well I was basically left alone. People started harassing me more and even avoided and despised me. Refusing to sit with me at lunch and once I even sat with a group and they all got up and left. People didn't even want to work with me in a group, forced partnerships or not.


The Bullying didn't help me either, and every my old friends would even bully me and help the main bully. All the years of verbal, physical, and mental abuse and bullying really got to me and I fell into a deep depression for a few years. I starting cutting for reasons I don't even god damn know myself, I didn't even know what I was thinking then. The physical scars may have healed but the emotional ones never heal. It got so bad to the point when I even tried to commit suicide, but it failed.


The main bully who started it all finally stopped in 8th grade when he broke down crying in front of the counselor, and things were ok since then. He actually got expelled from school two years later and the principal couldn't say why. So now I just have a small group of friends that I trust because I have a hard time trusting people after what happened with my best friend. I've been doing better since but I still have depression but it's for a different reason I really don't want to get into, but not as bad as before and I have it under control for the moment.
So just a little message so this can at least end on a better note, you'd be surprised what speaking up can help you, a friend, or anyone who's being bullied, friend or not. No one ever benefits from bullying, and there is no need for bullying. I hope you guys take this into consideration.


The author's comments:

Everything you read it true, sadly...