Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

November 23, 2015
By erinbbyxoxo16 BRONZE, Waterloo, New York
erinbbyxoxo16 BRONZE, Waterloo, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I have never understood the reasons why people have to treat people the way they do. They expect people to treat them with respect, but then that person goes out and disrespects other people. Why? Why should you should you get treated with respect, when you go out and disrespect other people? It’s not right.


You never know what goes on at their house. They could be abused at home or they are forgotten at home. You never know. They probably think of school as a good thing because they could get away from all the abusiveness. But when you bully them in school how do you think they feel inside?


They could be living/suffering from bad depression, or even suicidal thoughts. It’s not right because what happens if you bully someone with bad suicidal thoughts?  You bully them to the point where they are past the cutting stage and they are at the point where they are stealing pills from their parents and they start them 8,9,20 at a time and just cutting deeper and deeper and they stop and they just sit there in pain knowing they are about to die? They get up and get a piece of paper and they start writing their goodbyes. They know they are going to die, there’s no turning back. Their tears and blood spills on to the paper and leaves a permanent mark on it. They feel broken. No one is there to save them.


Their parents come home and read their note “I’m sorry I am gone. I grab no one’s attention. I felt so invisible and alone. I only wanted a friend to help me. I have been so sad for a long time. I’m writing this to tell you that I am leaving and that it is good bye. Don’t hold your breath because I’m never coming back. Goodbye.” They break down and cry. They just lost their child.


Few weeks later you hear it on the news; about a Teen Suicide, you start to say how nice they were, and how close you guys were with them, and they were too young to die. You guys act like you were friends. Why? You were probably 80 % the reason why they committed suicide.


They couldn’t take the pain they got at home and in school. They wanted to end it. The person did nothing to you but be nice to you even when you were bullying them they were still nice to you. That person did nothing to you. They didn’t deserve any of this. People see people getting bullied but they never say anything. While you are reading this someone is thinking about killing themselves or they are about to or they just did. You wouldn’t know. People suffer from the pain inside and they don’t want to live with it anymore. How would you feel if the tables turned? What if it was you getting bullied and all that has happened to you? How would you feel? What if it was happening to your little brother or sister you cared about so much that they were getting bullied and it sent them into major depression and they have thoughts of suicide? How would you feel if you came home one day and you find a note on the table and no one is home you read it and it’s their suicide note saying their goodbyes? How would you feel if you lost them?


Bullying needs to stop. It’s not just hurting the person that is getting bullied it also hurts their family and friends. Stand up and take a stand if you see someone getting bullied help them and report it. IT might make their day a whole lot better. It would be worth is.


Every day approximately 108 Americans take their own life. Save a life. A person dies by suicide about every 13.3 minutes in the United States. Currently Suicide is the 10th leading cause in death in the United States. Don’t be the person that just stands there and watches that person get hurt. They could use your help. You could become their superhero.


Have you ever seen someone being bullied? Have you ever helped someone get out of it? Have you ever stood up for someone who was getting bullied? If not you should because it feels great when you stick up for someone else who is getting bullied and it makes you look like a better person.


No one understands how much bullying hurts. No one can ever be brave enough to stand up for one another. What people don’t get is that even though you don’t show that it hurts when you get bullied it really does. It hurts a lot.
When I use to get bullied I would always act like it doesn’t hurt me but it really does. IT hurts a lot. No one can ever feel the pain that I went through because of all this. I want our world to be bully free. Schools say that there is a zero tolerance for bullying but in reality it’s all a lie. Bullying happens where you go. On the internet, through text, school, public places. Anywhere it happens.  No one can ever get rid of it. No matter what we do bullying will always be a problem in our society.


You try to change to what people want you to be, they still judge you. You try to be you, they still judge you. You try to be like them and fit in, they still judge you. No matter what you do in life people will always judge you and make fun of you.


Just be yourself. Who care what others think. If you like yourself the way you are then good for you. Make yourself happy for you. It shouldn’t matter to other people what you look like. If you are happy with how you look then continue that. Don’t Change for them. Change because YOU want to not them !!!


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this was i have noticed alot of bullying. I just couldnt get my point across when i talked to people verbally.