an essay i am writing for a compettion. would appreciate reviews | Forums | Teen Ink

Writers' Workshop Forums

an essay i am writing for a compettion. would appreciate reviews

risha17 posted this thread...
on Jun. 20 at 6:28 am

Life skills are really integral parts of anyone’s life. It is essential to develop them from an early age to smoothen down our journey further in life. Though each life skill has its own perks and importance, there are some skills that are extremely pivotal and can either make or break us. A few of them are listed down below, I have learnt their importance from personal experience and I have tried my best to pen it all down.
Empathy: Empathy is basic understanding of other’s situation and putting one’s own self in the person’s shoes. From early childhood I’ve always heard around me ‘Be Empathic’. Unless you are empathic you won’t be able to be a good leader or a good human for that matter. A matter or problem that may seem meaningless or juvenile to you may be a huge concern for the other person. Empathy also allows us to view the world from a different perspective and also forges heart to heart connections as well. This is a win-win situation for all.

Optimism: I would like to start this point with a quote by the extremely inspirational Winston Churchill: “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” The way we look at a situation can completely change it as well. Optimism allows us to reach greater heights and be a better person than we were yesterday. Every situation has a bright side. We have to focus on that side rather than the darker one.Focus on the sun not the rain. Everything happens for a reason. Our job is to give our best and never stop believing.

Inclusion: It takes two to tango- is perhaps the best proverb that defines inclusion. Inclusion is allowing others to play a role in your success or vice versa. It is nearly impossible to earn success without taking help or using someone’s support. Now I would like to clear here, there is a difference in including someone and depending on them. Be independent but include. It’s always useful to have a backbone and knowing that someone’s got your back. The other person may have one certain quality that you don’t and you could use that quality to your benefit. You have to be smart. The more the merrier!

Adaptability: Adaptability is the quality of accepting and delving in new surroundings. Change is inevitable and you will face it at some point of time in your life. In such situations being adaptable will be of great help. Adaptability makes one stronger, tougher and bolder because it opens a door of new opportunities. It will make you come out of your comfort zone or cocoon and try out something new. And we all know coming out of one’s comfort zone is one of the biggest keys to success. Even animals learn to adapt in new surroundings, we are so humans imagine how easy or challenging it may be for us.

Patriotism: For me my country India is my first and last priority. And I am 100% sure I am not the only one in this. India is not new to patriotism or love for one’s motherland. In fact it was born out of patriotism. Great leaders are and were patriotic: Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Narendra Modi and the list goes on and on. Someone who’s patriotic will always do great things because he is strong enough to place their country before themselves and their needs. These figures are great inspirations.

These are a few life skill essential in every human and I hope my essay inspires.

risha17, Indore, Other
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
GauriSingh, Delhi Ncr, Other
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
GauriSingh replied...
on Jun. 23 at 9:28 am
Although I don't think I'm qualified enough for putting up my review I would like to point out that you should try to maintain a contrast between difficult and easy vocab words. Otherwise, it's spot on! All the best for the competition!