The Curse of the Amosquiato Trout | Teen Ink

The Curse of the Amosquiato Trout

By TobiasWejbora BRONZE, George Town, Other
TobiasWejbora BRONZE, George Town, Other

It was just another day on earth. Everyone going to work, kids at school and the birds are chirping. Since a few years, all conflicts had stopped and everyone became friends. Everyone said hello to their neighbours through the windows. Matt lived in a rather nice 3 story house with a swimming pool and a whole 16 ft aquarium. Matt loved watching his fish play and swim. Matt had a just purchased a rare fished called the amoscriato trout. Matt had named it The amoscriato trout had amazing turquoise and green scales that felt like shark scales. The amoscriato trout kept Matt’s aquarium clean and tidy which spared him some time.

Matt is a professional football player. He plays for East Bacon FC. East Bacon FC won the premier league title 4 times in a row. Matt plays striker and has a passion to score goals, he even scored a hattrick last game. One day after Matt finished training his heart started to pound as if the most tragic thing just happened. It had stopped after 5 seconds so Matt continued to drive home. Matt arrived at his house and at the same time he was opening the gate and he saw large triangle shaped rocks that had a blue glow to them. Matt was so shocked from what he had seen. He was excited and scared at the same time. Coming through the ac of his car was a smell so rank that Matt had to turn off the ac completely off and plug his nose. He wondered where the smell had come from but, sooner or later Matt had realized it was definitely from the triangular shaped rocks.

As Matt entered his house he suddenly felt a tingle in his belly. He thought to himself, A meteor just crashed into my back garden!” This horrified him and he didn’t know what he could do, run away or run towards his back garden. Matt decided to run towards the site and explore the mysterious rocks. Matts' mouth was exploding with choughs the nearer he got to his back garden.As Matt opens the gate he feels a strong freeze of an unusual smell of smoke and melted metal. Matt felt utter relief as he soon found out that the rocks didn't hit his house. Matt rushed to the meteors and saw that one was open. This is when he noticed that these weren't any meteors these were capsules. Matt tried figuring out what was in the open capsule but all the smoke stopped him from breathing. Matt wanted to call the police but he also didn’t want to because he knew the police would not let him investigate any further. Matt knew it was the right thing to do so he called the police.

The police arrived 15 minutes later with an investigator. The investigator looked like he didn't want to be here and he never answered any questions. The investigator decided to call the investigation off since no one could get close to the capsules as the capsules would make them dizzy. Matt had to move out of his house… well, he got forced to move out of his house because his back garden was apparently “under contamination”. The next day the government came with a swat truck filled with humans in yellow suits, who scream whenever they moved. Matt was really mad that he had to move out but he at least got to watch… from a far distance. Matt had to leave rather early for his morning football training. On the way there Matt thought to himself,” I wonder how my teammates would think of this.” Matt arrived at the academy twenty minutes later being thrilled to tell everyone what happened. Matt was greeted by his teammates in the changing room.

“Hey Matt, what's up”, said Ben.

Matt said,”Nothing much except 3 meteors crashed into my backyard!”.

“No way, I don't believe you!”, shrieked Ben.

“I'm not lying!”, shouted Matt.

“Prove it to me”, said Ben in a stubborn voice.

Matt whispered,”well… I can't really because the government told me I was not allowed to take pictures.”
“I think you are just making excuses”, said Matt

Matt felt utter anger because he had no way of proving to Ben that capsules actually crashed in his back garden. Chrrr.. everyone's attention suddenly went to the speakers,” Team A training starts in 1 minute, begin walking out to the field.bleep” It suddenly got really awkward since their coaches are outside of their changing rooms. Their coaches expected no fooling around ever otherwise large penalties will be put on the players. So everyone decides to walk out.

3 Hours Later

Training was more difficult than ever so matt was pleased to be finished and he decided to go to his favourite restaurant, The Wooden Crayfish. It was a 5-star restaurant with a beautiful waterfront view of the Pacific ocean.Inside were leather seats that were heated and the seats gave massages!! Matt always orders the lobster with roasted potatoes because it was their speciality. Matt actually knows the sous chef of the restaurant, Jamie Ramsey. He was awarded 16 Michelin stars for his amazing food. Matt and Jamie haven't seen each other in 6 months, so they were having a blast talking to each other. Since Matt had gotten kicked out of his house he had decided to rent a room at the Waterfront Beach Hotel.

Matt got a call from one of the FBI agents, saying that they identified the capsules as aliens. The FBI agent also said 2 of the capsules haven't opened yet meaning there could still be aliens in them. The bad news was that one of the capsules is open and there was nothing in it except some liquids and a control station. The FBI agent said they confiscated the capsules and brought them to their lab, which meant that Matt could return back to his home. Matt was so glad that his life is back to normal, well kind of. Matt returned to his house and took a look at his backyard and he saw 3 giant holes. He saw no one except for the inspector checking if the back garden is safe from chemicals and radioactivity. Matt went to check outside to talk to the inspector.

The inspector told Matt that the back garden was safe except for giant holes from the meteors. The inspector said that matt should expect a team of gardeners with a truck full of dirt filling the holes. The inspector specifically told Matt to not tell anyone about this ever until further notice. If Matt told anyone he would be charged with heavy fines that could cause him to lose half of his bank account. This not only made Matt scared but also sad that he couldn’t tell his friends and the rest of his family of this rare moment.

It is the morning of the next day which means matt had a football game. He is playing against the strongest team in the league Brom Whale FC. Matt was nervous because he thought that the meteors could be a bad message or good message to him. Matt thought that the capsules could be telling him the final result of his game. Matt knew that this doesn't matter to him since he just wanted to get the game over with. As the referee's whistle blew Matt's stomach dropped like he had just swallowed a ten-pound weight.

One and a half hours later:

The game had just finished. East Bacon FC just won 3-1 against Brom Whale FC. Matt and his team were so excited because this meant that East Bacon FC goes through to the Semi-Finals. Matt felt so sore after that match that he felt like he could take the biggest nap. Matt arrived at home and went straight to his bed. Sadly his nap ended rather shortly, lasting only half an hour. Matt woke up to a missed phone call from the FBI agent. Matt called the FBI agent waiting to find out the news. The FBI Agent sinfully said,” After completing tests on the capsules we have found the most expensive, dense, priceless jewel in the universe know to mankind.” Matt was shocked to know that this happened in his back garden. This wasn’t all, in the other closed capsule was an unidentified creature that had to be tested on further. Matt prayed that the FBI does the right thing to the capsules. Matt checks his back garden for the last time of the day because he is so overwhelmed by the scene he has had in his back garden. Matt pulls up the blinds and sees a bright green light, penetrating through his eyes, his body being pulled back to the other side of his house, he never saw anything again.

on Mar. 22 2018 at 8:15 am
Bruvton DIAMOND, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

"They don't think it is what it does, but it do." ~Oscar Gamble

I definitely didn't expect the ending. Their could have been a few more pronouns being used to make it flow better, and the tense changed a few times, but otherwise it was well written. Great job!