Cursed | Teen Ink

Cursed

May 16, 2017
By SamFamiano BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
SamFamiano BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Joey always was a peculiar person he hated alot of things like waiting in line in fast food driveways or having to get his haircut and many other things seem to easily set him off but nothing angered Joey like old people. He thinks they are slow and smelly and are just a waste of space in general. One day Joey decided to go to his favorite fast food joint. He pulled into the drive through where there was one car ahead of him. He over heard the old voice of which seemed to be an older man. The older man was sure taking his time and was in no rush to get anywhere. 5 minutes had past and he was still ordering his food. Joey had finally had enough of the waiting and stepped out of his car and walked over to the old man and began shouting and yelling at him and one thing is for certain Everyone heard joey yell these words “You're nothing but a worthless old person” Even joey knew what he said was wrong and began to step away but the old man grabbed his arm and recited a chant and when he let go Joey ran back to his car and turned out of the drive through and went home. Joey was quite alarmed and shaken up about what just happened. He knew he crossed the line but he was not expecting that reaction to happen. Soon he forgot about what had happen and it was already bed time for Joey and he went to bed. He woke up in the morning feeling a bit under the weather and not quite himself. He Went to the bathroom and noticed something very strange. He looked in the mirror and it looked as if poor joey had aged 10 Years in one night. He passed it off though as if he had a rough night of sleep so then he continued with his daily regiment of going to his favorite fast food and then going home and relaxing. Joey was watching his favorite show but couldn't seem for the life of him to stay awake. He finally got the energy to get up and go to the bathroom where he looked in the mirror again and this time his own reflection was blurry and everything around him was getting very quiet. He couldn't see or hear nearly as well as usual and this is when he began to freak out. He drove to the emergency and nearly hit everything on his way there due to his senses not functioning as well. When the doctor came into see him They were puzzled and didn't know what to do. The doctor told Joey “It is as if you aged 30 years in one day” Joey was wondering what was going on and he realized that maybe his scary encounter with the old man had to do something with this. Joey made his way to the library and he couldn't of gotten there slow enough. He went to the cursed ile and read about them and he thought it was crazy but nothing else could explain this sudden aging. He think he found his curse which was called “walk a mile in my shoes” he thought this out carefully and he realized what he had to do. He had to do his favorite thing but the worst way to do it. He walked a mile to his favorite fast food restaurant where he was nearly 80 by the time he got there. But once he ordered his food and took that first bite he noticed his vision and hearing along with his mobility slowing coming back to him. Maybe now Joey will think twice about being disrespectful to his elders.


The author's comments:

Its good