Blossom and Digger | Teen Ink

Blossom and Digger

November 1, 2016
By blossom2002 BRONZE, Bosie, Idaho
blossom2002 BRONZE, Bosie, Idaho
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

A long time ago, dogs and cats were arch enemies. They couldn’t stand each other then, but now in the year 2020, cats and dogs have a long lasting truth.


“Blossom, Digger!” yelled Chief Cooper “I have case for you two, a cat was brutally murdered, you guys must go to the crime scene and find out who murdered her.”


Blossom, a peppy Pomeranian and Digger, a tough dachshund, went to the crime scene, an old ladies house. Blossom went to talk to the old lady’s other cat.


“The cats said there are 6 cats in this house and Snowball, the victim, was there because her owners are on vacation. They also pointed out that there has never been a dog in the house,” said Blossom to Digger
“Well that means that mean the killer was probably a dog because I found a partially chewed bone, see,” said Digger


“Wait I’ve seen that type of bone before, there’s only one place that makes those kind of bones, Yummys,” said Blossom.

 

Digger and Blossom went to Yummys, to see if they could get another lead. The owner of Yummys dog walked up to them and said “Hello I’m Tank, may I help you?”


“Yes you may, we are looking for a dog that bought this bone,” answered Blossom.


“May I?” asked tank, Blossom handed him the bone in an evidence bag “Looks about two – three hours old, I know a very good blood hound that would sniff the culprit out, he knows everyone’s scent, he’s right next door.”
  

“Thank you kind sir, we will definitely go and speak to him,” said Digger.


Blossom and Digger went next door to find the blood hound. Next door was a dark ally. “Hello, anyone here? We were told you could sniff out this evidence to find our culprit,” said Digger walking into the ally.


“Yes I can help you, under one condition, you tell me what the case is about,” said a mysterious voice in the distance.


The mystery person came out from the shadows, a very old  blood hound.


Digger started to explain the case “A innocent cat was mauled and murdered, the murderer left this bone by the body, we need you need to sniff him…”
“Or her!” interrupted Blossom.
“Let me try,” said the blood hound.
So he started to sniff the bone, he paused. “Oh ya, I know who that was, and I’m not surprised it is him.”
“Him? Who is it?” demanded Blossom.
“Rusty, he is a white, homeless boxer, he lives by the town bakery,” explained the blood hound.
So Digger and Blossom went and looked behind the bakery. There was a trail of blood that lead to a young, white, injured, boxer.
“That darn cat put up a mean fight,” Said the boxer.
“Sir, is your name rusty?” asked Blossom.


“Yes that is me,” answered Rusty.
“Where may I ask you got those scrapes?” asked Digger


Rusty started to explain “I was a new born puppy a small family took me in. After about two years of training and living with them. I still wasn’t potty trained yet, I still dug holes in the back yard, I still chewed on everything in sight. My owners couldn’t handle it anymore so they dropped me on the side of the road. I came back to the house thinking it was an accident. But when I looked through the window they were playing with a sweet little kitten, they replaced me! With a stupid cat, so after two years of waiting they finally went on vacation and left their cat with their grandma. So when grandma went shopping I snuck into the house and took snowball, that is the stupidest name by the way, I took snowball into the old lady’s bedroom and attacked her. She fought back, but not good enough, I didn’t intend to kill her I just wanted her to feel my pain.”


“Why are you telling all of this to us?” asked Blossom.


“Because I don’t want to have to through all the stupid court trouble, It’s not worth it, but trying to run is, I’m not spending the rest of my life in jail,” explained Rusty.


Then Rusty started to run but he was too injured and Blossom tackled Rusty, pinned him down until Digger could get him in a kennel. They brought Rusty to the dog prison [aka the pound].


“He’s going to be in there for the rest of his life,” said Digger.


“I kind of understand why he did it, but if it was me I wouldn’t kill the replacement I would kill the owner,” said Blossom


Digger gave her a strange worried look.


“I’m just saying if it was me I would have done it differently, just saying,” Blossom explained.


“Good job guys, couldn’t have done it without you,” said Chief Cooper walking towards Digger and Blossom.


“Well obviously we are the ones who solved the case,” said Blossom sarcastically.


“I’ve got a big case for you two, are you up for it,” asked chief Cooper


“YES !!!,” yelled Blossom


“Of course, why wouldn’t we be?” yelled Digger


Chief cooper started to explain “There was a body found in an alley late last night……….