Secret Note | Teen Ink

Secret Note

FADE IN:
EXT. LUNCH ROOM- MIDDLE OF DAY

Megan and Lauren sitting at the lunch table with a note between them that Megan found in her locker and they are just about to open it and read what it says.

Lauren:
                    So where did you say you found this?
Megan:
I found it at the bottom of my locker signed open alone but I just couldn’t wait.
Lauren:
Well then open it.
Megan slowly opens the letter
Sierra:
(bangs hands on table and startles Lauren and Megan)
Hey ladies I just came over to say vote for me for student president and to each give you a cupcake.
Lauren:
(Looks over at megan with a uneasy look)
Thanks, but we’ll have to pass
Sierra:
(stands up straight)
Fine but don’t expect me to be nice to you any time soon
Lauren:
(sierra walks away and lauren looks back at megan)
And she wonders why nobody likes her.
Megan:
(Looking down at paper with shocked look on her face)
Lauren:
Well what does it say?
Megan:
It says they know my biggest and darkest secret and if I go to the dance they are going to tell everyone.
Lauren:
(eyes widen)
That can’t be you haven’t told anyone except me and I would never do that to you. I bet you it’s sierra trying to scare you just so she can get more votes.
Megan:
I don’t know though. I mean if it were her she would’ve said something about the vote in here right? I just don’t understand why me going to some stupid dance is what’s making this person target me like this.
Lauren:
Oh my god. I bet you it’s because of Liam. I bet you some b**** is trying to get at him too and she knows you like him and he likes you so by you not going to the dance she can get with him.
Megan:
(Looks around at all the other lunch tables filled with girls.)
I mean it’s a possibility but I don’t understand why some girl would really threaten me by letting out my biggest secret just to get with some guy.
A loud bang happens over in the corner of the cafeteria and a sign is hung saying “This is your final warning not to go. If you do I will embarrass you in front of the whole school”
Everybody is looking around talking about what the sign says.
Megan:
(Mouth opened)
Oh my god. This can’t be happening to me.
Bell rings and everybody floods out of the lunch room. And megan sees some girl running out infront of everyone else.
Megan:
(looks over at Lauren)
I think know who the little b**** is behind all this
Lauren:
(looks up worried at megan)
Who?
Megan:
Oh you’ll see saturday. I’m going to that dance, because I have something far much worse on this person than they do me.

END SCENE