Recess | Teen Ink

Recess

September 3, 2015
By elijah.gates15 BRONZE, Kapolei, Hawaii
elijah.gates15 BRONZE, Kapolei, Hawaii
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Characters

Dylan
Rob
Lola
Gavin
Councilor

 

Scene 1
( In the grass on the field at recess.  All the kids are running around and Gavin approaches the gang)

 

Lola
(with excitement)
Recess is my favorite part of school! I don't want to go back to class.

 

Rob

That’s why you're such an idiot.  You never pay attention or learn anything in class.


Lola

(With an irritated tone)
I hate you! you are always so mean to me.  Im gonna tell mom after school.


Rob

Finally here comes Dylan.  I bet him five bucks you would fail the test today and I want my money now so I can buy candy after school.


Dylan

(joking around)

Here’s your money Rob.  Lola! Why the heck didn’t you study?! I lost five bucks because of you!

 

Gavin
(trying to be intimidating)
Hey losers!  Wanna challenge the champs at a game of kickball?  It’s ok I know you guys are scared but we will be waiting for you.


Lola

Man I hate Gavin. We should totally go over there and smash them at a game of kickball!


Dylan & Rob

(simultaneously with excitement)
Yeah lets go!!

 

Scene 2

(They all meet up at the kickball field)


Gavin

Lets rock paper scissors for who gets to kick first!


Rob & Gavin

(They rock paper scissors and Rob wins)

 

Gavin

No way that’s not fair! You slow handed me!


Rob

Whatever cry baby you can just have it.  Ladies first anyways! (Rob, Dylan, and Lola all laugh at Gavin)


Gavin

(Gavin storms over to the plate)
Hurry and pitch me the ball so I can kick it out of the field!

 

Rob
(Rob pitches the ball and Gavin kicks it and the ball goes high in the air, but Dylan catches the ball)

You're out loser!!

 

Gavin

(with an irritated voice)
Say that one more time!!

 

Rob

Loser!!

(Everyone laughs Gavin)

 

Gavin

Runs off crying

 

Rob

Oh shoot.  Even though he is the biggest bully I still feel bad.


Dylan

Yeah we totally shouldn’t have laughed at him like that.

 

Rob

I was just trying to give him a taste of his own medicine.

 

Scene 3

(Gavin being a tattle tale, he goes and tells the first teacher he could find and they are sent to the councilors office)

 

Councilor

So, tell me what happened Gavin.

 

Gavin

(while sniffling from crying)
Rob called me a loser in front of everyone and they all laughed at me.

 

Rob

(While raising his voice trying to defend himself)
But he is the biggest bully in school! I thought he deserved it and five minutes before, he was calling me and my friends losers!

 

Councilor

(trying to use a calm voice)
Calm down Rob. I understand where you are coming from, But I want you to tell Gavin how sorry you are.

 

Rob

(with anger)
I don’t want to!


Councilor

You have to, or I’m going to give you two weeks of after school detention.

 

Rob

Only if he tells me sorry too.

 

Councilor

Alright.  Gavin you better say your sorries as well.

 

Gavin

Fine, right after he does.

 

Rob

I’m sorry for calling you a loser.  You're not a loser at all.

 

Gavin

I’m sorry too.  I’m also sorry for all the other times I caused you trouble.

 

Councilor

Have you learned your lesson now Gavin?

 

Gavin

Yes I have.  I Learned how much I’ve been hurting people by calling them names.  I always thought it was funny, But after someone did it to me I got to feel what everyone else was feeling and I really don’t like it.

 

Rob

Even though Gavin was always so mean to me and my friends I still felt terrible for making fun of him. 

 

Councilor

I am very proud of you guys for realizing this and I hope you guys can become good friends now.


Rob

Yeah! do you want to come over after school and we can swim in my pool!

 

Gavin

Totally! that sounds like fun!

 

END.