Flowers of Forgivness Act 3 (edited version) | Teen Ink

Flowers of Forgivness Act 3 (edited version)

By PrinceHansismyworld SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts
PrinceHansismyworld SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"a villain and a victim should never be the same person”

Act 3 Scene 1

(It is peace-treaty eve. It’s 9:05 and Madelyn and Neveah are admiring the decorations and conversing)

Neveah

“I like how the decorations came out”

Madelyn

“Thank you, and they’re quite lovely, aren’t they?”

Neveah

“Of course they are. Why wouldn’t they be?”

Madelyn

“Well, I’m glad you like them”

Neveah

“I wish peace-treaty day could be every day”

Madelyn

“It is every day. This is just a special day to honor the peace-treaty signing.”

Neveah

“I like that we’re friends now”

Madelyn

“I’m glad as well”

Neveah

“That sound? It’s so enchanting. What do you think it is?”

(Madelyn and Neveah both listen)

Madelyn and Neveah

“British music!”

(Both laugh gleefully)

Madelyn

“I wish this moment could last forever”

Neveah

“It’s not about how long a moment lasts, it’s about how you live in such a moment. Time never stops. The only thing capable of freezing it is appreciation.”

Madelyn

“How do you explain time so beautifully?”

Neveah

“I don’t know, I guess I have a poetic soul”

Madelyn

“Does time even exist or is it just an illusion percepted in our heads to pass reality?”

Neveah

“Maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t. But like I said before, appreciation is more valuable than the numbers on a clock. Time is all around us, every second, but what matters is how we spend each moment. We can choose to be grateful or filled with hatred. Time doesn’t do that for us. We chose how we feel, ourselves”

Madelyn

“Are you a writer by any chance?”

Neveah

“Yes, I am. Why do you ask?”

Madelyn

“Because the way you explain things. It’s so beautiful.”

Neveah

“Thank you”

Madelyn

“You’re welcome”

Neveah

“What about my speech? I’m supposed to present it”

Madelyn

“The speech doesn’t get presented until 10:30. You have plenty of time”

Valentina

“Neveah! I’m so glad to see you. And the decorations, they’re amazing”

Neveah

“Thank you but my friend was the one who made it all happen. If it wasn’t for her, I don’t think we would even have this party”

Valentina

(To Madelyn)

“So you’re the ambassador everyone’s been talking about?”

Madelyn

“Who knew being ambassador at seventeen would be possible?”

Valentina

“Yeah and who knew hating people would be possible as well?”

Madelyn

“Don’t worry, about it. We all- wait a minute, hate? I thought this party was supposed to promote friendship, not hate”

Valentina

“I don’t think you understand. I have to deal with being harassed constantly and I don’t want that to happen tonight. I just want to focus on having fun. I don’t want to have to worry about people making fun of me every chance they get”

Madelyn

“I’m sure you’ll be fine”

Neveah

“Madelyn, I think she’s being serious. And I do understand her pain. If I was in her shoes, I wouldn’t want someone attacking me all night”

Madelyn

“Knowing the ambassador is present, I’m sure they won’t cause any harm”
                                                                                                                                                                                                             Valentina

“So, I can have fun?”

Madelyn

“Of course you can. That’s why I planned this party in the first place, for people to enjoy themselves. I don’t want you feeling worried, I just want you to have a good time”

Valentina

“Thanks for the encouragement. I think I feel much better now thanks to your kindness”

Madelyn

“My pleasure”

(Valentina walks away and continues mingling)

Neveah      

“Madelyn, can you excuse me for a minute?”

Madelyn

“Of course”

Neveah

(Bumps into Conner)

“I didn’t expect to see you here”

Conner

“Neveah, did you forget why this party is occurring?”

Neveah

“Of course, I didn’t. It’s the celebration between America and Britain becoming friends. I just thought we would bump into each other at a different time”

Conner

“However we meet, aren’t you glad that we met again?”

Neveah

“Yes, I’m quite satisfied”

Neveah

“You know what’s weird? I told you my name but you never told me yours”

Conner

“Oh, sorry about that. I meant to introduce myself when we met earlier but things got carried away.”

Neveah

“So, what is your name exactly?”

Conner

“Conner”

Neveah

“Cute name, but not as cute as you”

Conner

“Want to go outside near the fountain?”

Neveah

“That sounds perfect. I would love to.”

(Conner and Neveah end up outside and are near a water fountain)

Conner

“This is probably all new to you, since it’s your first time in the UK. I don’t want you getting too nervous.”

Neveah

“Well actually, I’ve been in this country for about a month now. I don’t know what made me came here in the first place, but when I cast my eyes upon the country, I realize how beautiful it can actually be, you know before all the fighting we had with each other. I’m glad that’s all behind us.”

Conner

“I know how unpleasant my country was before and I don’t want anyone to live through that again, especially with that person being American"

Neveah

“Speaking of America, There was one year where I was celebrating Independence Day and…. You’re not comfortable with this topic are you? Please tell me if it bothers you. I don’t want you feeling awkward, with all this talk about the fourth of July”

Conner

“No, it’s fine. Keep going”

Neveah

“So anyway I was at this party like we are right now. And I was near an ocean, my favorite place to watch the fireworks. However it was still light out, cause I went there early. So I swam around near a secluded island and I felt like I was drifting off into heaven. That’s how calming the waves were. Since I liked the water so much, I decided to do something that no one else ever thought of”

Conner

“What exactly was it? If you don’t mind me asking”

Neveah

“I sat on my boogie board and watched the fireworks while I was still in the ocean. I actually liked seeing the fireworks from an ocean view and swimming in the water during nightfall is a luxury”

(Madelyn calls through telecommunication transmission)

Madelyn

(on phone)

“Neveah, I want to show you something really cool. I think you might like it, no scratch that, not like it, love it”

Neveah

“Conner, do you mind if I go talk to Madelyn. It’s important. Not that I want to leave you here, but I don’t want her feeling worried if I don’t show up right away. Please don’t get the wrong idea; I’m not ignoring you in anyway. If we meet again, I would like it to be very soon”

Conner

“it’s perfectly fine”

Neveah

“Well, I better be on my way then, until next time”

Act 3 Scene 2

Neveah

(Walks to the palace)

“Wow, Madelyn! This is amazing! I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it?”

Madelyn

“If you think that was amazing, the surprise you’re sure to love”

(Madelyn and Neveah see fountains with blue and red led lights, exploding aura lights and stars that spell out the words “February 17 1815” with a comet as a countdown clock)

Neveah

“What’s with the comet?”

Madelyn
“Once the countdown stars, the comet will be activated, and once every America and Brit reach the end of the countdown, the comet will explode, and blast gold stars all over the sky and land all over London, giving it a golden affect”

Neveah

“Ever since I migrated from America, I dreamed of something so spectacular that it made me realize anything was possible no matter how far away your hopes are, but when I thought that no one knew the importance of the date we became friends I started losing hope and doubted my dreams could ever work in some way”

Madelyn

“Don’t give up, I still want to show you another thing I have planned”

(Neveah and Madelyn use a transporter device and end up at Battersea Park)

(Before their eyes, are balloons streamers, people in chrome and sparkly outfits, dancing, talking, laughing, and strobe lights)

Madelyn

“I think this is a very good pre-celebration”

Neveah

“We sure have come a long way since 1,00 years. I think it’s a miracle, considering all the wars we had”

Madelyn

“I think we should celebrate our friendship by doing what we teenagers do best”

(Clicks remote control and cream-colored boom box appears, the music starts playing and lights electrocute the sky)

Neveah

“I love the future”

(Balloons explode sending down streamers on all the party-goers who classily drink wine coolers while both relaxing by the fountains or battling their friends in a break dance completion, a custom that is popular in the future)

Madelyn
“I know in your country, you’re not allowed to drink alcohol, but in my country, the age minimum is 16. Would you like some? We have blueberry blast, strawberry sunset, kayak kiwi, and ancient secret apple”

Neveah

“Ancient secret apple sounds exotic and mysterious. I’ll take that one”

(Madelyn and Neveah clash their wine-coolers together)

Madelyn

“To 1,000 years of friendship and may there be 1,000 more”

(Madelyn and Neveah enjoy the celebration by using their futuristic glow outfits to reflect the water fountain. When one goes near the fountain with these special clothes, the outfit reflects the water creating techno music. Soon all the party-goers start joining them and are in amazement at what the fountains are capble of creating, both sight and sound)

(once the music gets louder, the dancing gets wilder, and soon alcohol is mixed with water, which causes an explosion and flavored-rain to come pouring on the grass giving it a glimmering affect)

Neveah

“Wow, it’s beautiful and this party is getting wild. Breakdancing, alcohol infusing with water, techno music, and wine coolers. It can’t get anymore wild than this, that’s for sure”

Madelyn

“Even if this party does have customs that you’re not used to you, such as alcohol, I’m actually glad. I don’t know if anyone else in this country has the same intentions that I encounter, but sometimes I like to think of what these landmarks were like while we we’re still enemies. I don’t know if it was still beautiful or if our constant fighting took away from its pure essence and beauty.”

Neveah

“Well, too much fighting can distract from beauty, but now that it’s over, both countries can see it perfectly. Sometimes I look up at the stars, and think that maybe somewhere up in the heavens, everyone who lived and fought during the war of 1812 is looking down on us, and smiling at how far we’ve come with our friendship.”

___________

Neveah

(Walks on stage)

“Now, I know you were all told that Madelyn was going to give the speech, but however, she was nice enough to let me write and deliver it instead. Not enough people would be willing to commit such an act, so I appreciate the fact that she was thoughtful enough to sacrifice her title for me”

(Looks around and takes a deep breath)

“We are gathered here today to celebrate the day that America and Great Britain decided to end their conflict once and for all and become friends. The fact that we were willing to put the past behind us proves that we can learn to forgive our enemies.  We can’t have love without forgiveness. Hate is a vicious cycle and the reason why it exists is because few people know how to stop it correctly. If it wasn’t for us forgiving each other, we would continue getting angry at each other, spreading acts of violence like wildfires. That’s why I’m thankful to be standing here today, as I look upon the two countries laughing and talking with each other. No war, no fighting, and no hatred. That’s how it should be. Let’s continue putting the days of the war behind us and spread nothing but love, peace, hope, and kindness.  Thank you for your time”

(Neveah walks off stage and notices Madelyn. However Conner isn’t there with her)

Madelyn

“That was a lovely speech you wrote.”

Neveah

“Wow, thank you. That’s so thoughtful coming from you”

Madelyn

“The speech was beautiful and the words seemed like they were flowing so delicately. Are you sure it only took you a couple of minutes to write?”

Neveah

“Of course I’m sure. Knowing that you’re my best friend, I would never lie to you”

Madelyn

“The amount of time you spent writing it isn’t what’s important, what matters is how beautiful it turned out to be when you read it”

_____________________

Biannca

“Please stop wasting your time Valentina. No one will ever like you. I don’t even know why you put in an effort, when you already know how much of a fool you are”

Valentina

“Can you please not? All you ever do is taunt me and I’m sick of it”

Vanessa

“Why are you even here? Just leave before your stupidity ruins the party ”

(Laughs)

Valentina

“I don’t know why you’re making fun of me. Was I ever mean to you?”

Biannca

“No, but we enjoy it. So we’ll continue harassing you”

Valentina

“I don’t understand what your problem is, so you better knock it off right now”

Vanessa

“Why should we? Isn’t making fun of you the high of the day?”

Bianca

“You know it would be so much better if you left right now. (laughs) you’re ridiculous for thinking that people actually like you. I honestly can’t believe that you don’t understand how idiotic you are. What’s a loser like you doing at the peace-treaty anyway? Don’t you have something else better to do, besides being a lousy loser that no one even cares about?”

Valentina

“Enough is enough. There’s only so much I can take”

Vanessa

“Oh shut up you stupid, worthless loser”

Valentina

(Violently grabs a candle and throws it)

“Enough!”

Bianca

“Are you kidding me Valentina? Look at what you done! Three people are injured because of you”

Valentina

(Yells)

“Because of me? You’re blaming me? Are you kidding? What about what you did to me? How come no one is mad at the way you treated me all these years? Now that I decided I had enough and lash out, now all of a sudden I’m the bad person?”

Act 3 Scene 3

Vanessa

“You’re a coward”

Madelyn

“No, you’re the coward, for making her think that being a villain is the only option.”

Biannca

“She’s selfish and all she cares about is herself”

Valentina

“Wait, wait. Hold on a minute. You’re saying that I’m selfish but yet you never cared how I felt? Aren’t you the real selfish person here? Think about that for a moment”

Vanessa

“ You better apologize to everyone you hurt. I can’t believe you would do something like this”

Valentina

“How come I don’t get an apology? Why aren’t they sorry for what they done to me?”

Biannca

“Everything you’re doing right now is complety wrong. These people never had a chance. They didn’t have a choice, when you threw that candle.”

Valentina

“They were given so many chances to insult and mock me. Now that I decide I had enough and do one act of violence, I get in trouble on the spot? Yet these people who have tormented me for years, never had to face a single conquence in their entire life!”

Vanessa

“Maybe you should leave”

Valentina

“Wow, you know what? I will leave. It’s better than dealing with you”

(Valentina exits)

Neveah

“Madelyn, I’m so sorry about everything. I knew how much this party meant to you. I’m sorry that I ruined it. You’re probably mad now, huh?”

Madelyn

“No, I’m not mad, I’m not mad at all. If I had to live every day of my life knowing that someone was out to get me, I would probably lash out as well. You had nothing to do with what happened. Promise me you won’t stress over it.”

Neveah

“Well I guess I could try, but I knew how hard you worked planning this party. I don’t want anything ruining it. “

Madelyn

“It’s okay, Neveah.”

Neveah

“It isn’t right that Valentina has to miss out all because she doesn’t feel safe. I need to find her before she hurts herself. Hopefully my kindness will be enough to bring her back here.”

Madelyn

“I know it’s not in my intention, but I think I might adjourn to come with you on your journey”

Neveah

“But you’re in charge of the country. Don’t you think leaving it while there is a party going on will offset something? Are you sure you can handle what might happen? Please, think about what you’re getting yourself into”

Madelyn

“I just want to be there for you incase some mishap happens. Valentina may reject, and if she does it might make you upset, and like a true friend, I wouldn’t want you to suffer through it. I’m sorry, but even if I am the ambassador, seeing you upset would damage me more than losing my title”