Flowers of Forgivness Act 1 | Teen Ink

Flowers of Forgivness Act 1

By PrinceHansismyworld SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts
PrinceHansismyworld SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"a villain and a victim should never be the same person”

Flowers of Forgiveness
London, United Kingdom
February 2815
Act 1 Scene 1
Two teenagers are having a sleepover

Neveah

“Hey, Madelyn, how long do you think it will take to travel to the nearest star?”

Madelyn

“Distance is like appearance, you should never let it fool you, no matter how tempting it may seem.”

Neveah

“One day I just want to leave it all behind, and escape to the nearest star”

Madelyn

“Stars tend to give a beautiful glow, but to actually see one up close? That’s nearly impossible”

Neveah

“Distance is a challenge to overcome, but no one ever said it had to be impossible. What if insecurity no longer existed? What if the world was free of doubt and was only filled with dreams and hope? What would you do then? Would you still travel to the stars?”

Madelyn

“That would be lovely if that could actually happen but I’m not sure if it can. Isn’t it possible to make mistakes and never reach the stars at all?”

Neveah

“Mistakes are easy to make but the reason beauty exists is because mistakes do. At first, you may feel horrible for all the mistakes you made but one day they will turn into something beautiful”

Madelyn

“If I don’t mind me asking you, are you an anglophile by any chance?”
Neveah

“Well, I’m not the one to hold the grudge, and I often learn how to forgive people, so why wouldn’t I be?”

Madelyn

“I’m glad you can forgive easily and that the past doesn’t bother you as much. But sadly however, not everyone is like you. There are still people today who are mad at what my country did many ages ago”

Neveah

“It already happened, why should they care now? The only thing they can do as of now is forgive and forget. No one can change the past, so why waste time resenting it?”

Madelyn

“It actually pains me that people are still holding grudges.”

Neveah

“What about the party between the UK and the US being friends? Not everyone holds a grudge. There are people out there, who actually do forgive. If everyone were resentful, then the party wouldn’t exist. You could think of it that way, if it makes you feel any better.”

Madelyn

“I’m the ambassador. Well don’t get me wrong, I like being the ambassador, but it’s just that too much responsibility can really mess me up, and so far, it’s done nothing, but stress me out.”

Neveah

“Although being committed does take time and effort, being responsible does have its benefits.”

Madelyn

“How can having too much to focus on be considered a good thing?”

Neveah

“At first, it may be hard to deal with all the pressure, but when it pays off, all the effort you put into planning, will seem much more beautiful because you will know that you were dedicated enough to never give up.”

Madelyn

“When you give encouragement, you make stress seem like it’s a beautiful thing”

Neveah

“Making people feel better is my pleasure, especially if the person I’m helping is a dear friend of mine”

Madelyn

“Since you have always been there for me, I’m going to let you write and deliver the speech”

Neveah

“Aren’t you nervous that your title will be taken away from you?”

Madelyn

“A title does have the power to make me feel superior, but having someone be there for you in the worst of times is the best treasure of all.”

Neveah

“So you don’t mind giving up your title? As in, you won’t be affected by it all?”

Madelyn

“Losing my title would be bad, but I would be more affected if we became enemies. If my title gets taken away, I can always find another one, but if friendship is taken away, it can never be replaced”

Neveah

“It’s nice to know that you value friendship more than a title”

Madelyn

“It’s also nice to know that no matter what happens, you’ll always be there for me”

Flowers of Forgiveness
London, United Kingdom
February 2815
Act 1 Scene 2
Madelyn and Neveah are getting ready to go to the Emporium

Neveah

“I don’t know if you heard, but there’s a new place that opened up. I think if we shop there, we’ll be all set for the party.”

Madelyn

“Do you know the name of the place?”

Neveah

“Adalesa Emporium. It’s basically an outlet that caters to teenagers, other people can shop there too but if you’re an adolescent, you get 75% off.”

Madelyn

“I like that you’re trying to help me and all, but you’re forgetting one thing”

Neveah

“And what may that be?”

Madelyn

“We don’t have a mode of transportation. So how are we going to get to the store?”

Neveah

“If it’s not too far, we can walk. And I’m sure you need the exercise from all the stress you encountered”

Madelyn

“Okay, that’s perfectly fine with me. As long as we’re back in time for preparations. It’s a special event, so I don’t want to waste time”

*Madelyn and Neveah are walking to the store

Neveah

“I really like how you’re always optimistic. It makes me realize that I can still make it in life, even if there are some obstacles that darkness throws at me”

Madelyn

“I have to admit, sometimes I have my bad days. But the fact that someone is inspired by me, makes everything better

Neveah

“You’re actually pretty motivating. How do you accomplish dreams that seem so difficult to achieve?”

Madelyn

“I learn to not care what people think. It’s the first step to success”

Neveah

“I wish I could learn how to forget hate, rather than have it consume me”

Madelyn

“It does take time, but the commitment is what gets you far, not patience. Don’t wait for people to stop hating you, instead show them that you’re not bothered by it”

Neveah

“Not that I care if people hate me, but you make animosity look so easy to overcome”

Madelyn

“It’s not a matter of avoiding it, it’s a matter of being the better person”

Neveah

“Even if there are some people out there who keep you from accomplishing your goals, I admire the fact that you keep striving forward.”
Madelyn

“I feel like I’m missing something. I’m not sure what it is though”

Neveah

“Stop worrying, I’m sure everything will turn out fine.”

Madelyn

“I’m the one who’s going to represent the party. Everything has to be perfect. If there is even one mistake, people may look at me differently”

Neveah

“But I thought you said to never give up and not care what people think of you. Why is messing up such a problem now?”

Madelyn

“This party isn’t just some ordinary get-together, it actually means something to me. If I can’t pull it together, and show that I’m committed to what I’m doing, they’re going to think I don’t care. I don’t want that to happen”

Neveah

“If you know deep down that you have pride in your country, then it shouldn’t matter what anyone else has to say.”

Madelyn

“It’s not that. It’s not that all. “

Neveah

“Then why are you stressing out?”

Madelyn

“I want to show my passion towards two rival countries becoming friends. And what does it say about my character if I screw up?”

Neveah

“It’s okay. You already know I’m from the states, and I’m positive that you’ll be fine”

Flowers of Forgiveness
London, United Kingdom
February 1815
Act 1 Scene 3
Madelyn and Neveah have arrived at the Emporium

Madelyn

“You ever get that feeling where you just look at something and it lightens your heart so much that you feel like you’re at home even if you only seen it for the first time?”

Neveah

“Masterpieces tend to be extremely powerful especially those that speak with inspiration and rhythm”

Madelyn

“I know I have responsibilities to pursue, but how can you ignore a view like that?”

Neveah

“ Maybe you should go shopping before you end up daydreaming and then forgetting why you came here in the first place”

Madelyn

“But I feel like I was meant to admire such beauty. I don’t know how to explain it, but it’s just a spark inside of me. Who ever thought virtuosity could be so powerful?”

Neveah

“How about you continue doing whatever you’re doing and I’ll go to the store and get some party supplies. How does that sound?”

Madelyn

(Obviously not paying attention) “Yeah, sure that’s fine. Whatever”

Neveah

“Are you sure you just want to stay out here? Who knows? Maybe you’ll like the inside even more.”

Madelyn

(Annoyed but also in deep awe) “Yes, I’m sure”

Neveah

(Enters Antique Store)

“Do you know where I can buy decorations? Because my friend is hosting a party—and well, you know…. I shouldn’t be getting into detail, because you probably know what I’m talking about, but anyway, um long story short, I need decorations”

Kimberly

“Are you for real right now? You’re joking, right?” 

Neveah

“Listen, I’m in need for some party-favors and I need to make it the best party ever, and if you can’t help me out, it’s probably not going to turn out as good, and I don’t want my friend disappointed. “

Kimberly

“I’m sorry, but this is an antique store. Do you honestly expect to find what you’re looking for in here?”

Neveah

“Yes, I do know it’s an antique store and I don’t expect you to know what I want, I just expect you to try and help me. “

Kimberly

“What’s the occasion for anyway? It doesn’t help that you’re not being specific enough. If I don’t know what you want, I can’t exactly help you”

Neveah

“It’s the 1,000 celebration of the States and England resolving their differences and becoming friends. My friend is the ambassador but I’m the one giving the speech. Do you have anything for me to work with?”

Kimberly

“I do know there’s a store called “Celebration Island” It’s not far of a walk from here. You should probably go check it out. Maybe they’ll have what you’re looking for”

Neveah

“Well do you think they’ll have anything pertaining to the 1,000 friendship anniversary?”

Kimberly

“Considering that the two countries became friends around Valentines Day, why not try buying Valentine decorations? I’m sure it will look good with the theme”

Neveah

“Do you mind if I check out some of the antiques before I go?”

Kimberly

“Sure, it’s fine by me as long as you don’t break any of the electronics”

Neveah

(Accidently looses balance and almost crashes into a tablet letting it fall on the floor)

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry. Please forgive me”

Kimberly

“You know, that tablet is over 800 years old so I wouldn’t break it if I were you”

Neveah

“Of course I know that. Why else would it be in an antique store?”

Kimberly

“All right, fine. Just make sure you don’t break any more electronics. Some of these tablets date back to the 21st century”  

Neveah

“So all of these electronics are 800 years old?”

Kimberly

“Yes. The electronics that you are looking at right now were built and used by society 5 centuries ago. So I suggest that you please do not break anything”

Neveah

“How do you think they used it? What were these devices for?”

Kimberly

“Well since it’s centuries old, I’m not sure I can answer that for you. But it is interesting learning about how people from the olden days used such devices”

Neveah

“I would love to know as well but it’s a shame that they don’t work any more. On the other hand, we have holographic phones now, so it doesn’t matter anyway but at the same time I still want to be familiar with their technology and how they used it in their time-period. You know, just to get the idea of how technology worked back then”

Kimberly

“Aren’t you forgetting something?”

Neveah

“If you’re referring to decorations, then yes, I am forgetting something. So I’m just going to get decorations and I’ll be on my way”

Madelyn

“It took you 2 hours to find decorations?”

I can't post this entire piece all at once, so instead I'm going to post it piece by piece. 

on Sep. 28 2015 at 12:05 am

@KittyKat1419 Do you want to read the rest of the script?

thank you! :) you just made me smile. since you read Act 1, do want to read the rest? You’re welcome to! :) thanks for the comment! :) It really made me happy!

SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire
Okay, I'm a failure at acting. And anything that has to do with writing scripts or plays but this is amazing. I love the names you chose and it's just beautiful.