Escape Plan For the Lonely Seven | Teen Ink

Escape Plan For the Lonely Seven

May 9, 2018
By Anonymous

As night falls upon a high school somewhere in a big city, a group of seven friends are planning an escape from their high school that they are stuck in. As they are planning one of them is looking out the window at the hundreds of people who are wandering around the school. The group of seven are the only ones left in the entire school. The rest of the students and teachers and everyone in the city have been infected. They have all been turned into zombies and are all undead. The group of seven are the only survivors in the city because they were all hiding on the roof of the school when the outbreak started. They saw the attacks start and have seen zombie movies and played zombie video games, so they new what not to do and what to do. They all just watch as the school and the city went to silent and everybody being eaten or eating others.


A few days went by after the outbreak started and the group got off the roof and searched the school to see if anyone remained, and to find weapons. As the were searching they heard a noise in the distance. They went to go investigate what it was and saw that it was one of their teachers who was eating one of their fellow students who was dead. The zombie teacher stopped eating and turned to face the group of seven. He then started to run towards them and one of the students in the group of seven grab a chair and hit the zombie teacher in the head when he got close enough. The student wanted to make sure he was dead so he proceeded to smash his head in. The group knew how to kill zombies, smash the head in or cut off the head.


After hours of planning an escape they knew how and when they would escape. They could see a car close enough to hit with a rock that could set off the alarm. They knew zombies are attracted to sound. They all went on to the roof and pick up some rocks and tried to hit the car. Weeks before they had the plan. They started to board up the school entrances and windows, leaving some unboarded incase they had to make a fast escape. They used whatever they could such as desks, chairs, and other doors from inside the school. They all found weapons they could use and even created some for backup. They tried to escape one time and then got surrounded by hundred of zombies and had to retreat back the school. They decided to stay in the school for a couple more days, they all started to think of a plan on how they could escape. When they figured out a plan they all decided to stay for another day. As they were throwing rocks at the car it took almost 20 mins for someone to hit it. They needed to break a window so the alarm would go off. After another 15 mins, someone finally hit a window and it shattered, and it took only a couple minutes for all the zombies to head over to the car and surround it. This was the time for the group to escape and see if anyone else was alive or if there was a place to build another shelter and search for food.


They got farther and farther from the school and keep checking houses for people and food, but no luck on finding any survivors. As they got farther into the city, they ran into more zombies. As they were fighting them off more and more came and got swarmed by zombies and had to run. After running for as long as they could they had lost all the zombies and decided to hide in a big office building and barricaded the doors with whatever they could just in case they were being followed still. As they got done barricading the doors, they set up a place to sleep a couple floors up and had one person watching in case zombies came while they were sleeping.
They would switch off every couple of hours, one person look out all the windows on the floor and saw some military tents in a park across the street. He waited to tell everybody till the next morning about what he saw and had a plan to go see if there was any weapons there. As they look to see if the if the street was clear they took some of the barriers down so they could get out. As they got into the park they could see there was a few zombies wandering around. They went and killed the zombies and made sure there was no others around and started to look through some of the supplies. They found a couple weapons and also some explosives in some boxes. They started to head back the office building, as they got back one tripped and knocked some chairs into the glass and shattered the glass. They all got scared and hurried to put all the barriers back up and waited to see if any zombies would come.


After an hour of waiting, nothing came. One person in the group had an idea to set the explosives by the front door and set them off if any zombies would come. As night started to fall they all went to sleep with one person watching. The person watching fell asleep and as horde of zombies were coming down the street and headed towards their building. One of the students woke up to a zombie eating one of the other students. He woke everyone up and they noticed that the zombies were getting in one had an idea to use the explovies. They all agreed and put the explosives all around the bottom floor. As they regrouped, they set of the charges and killed most of the zombies. The building started to shake and they realized that they messed up with the explosives, and the building began to collapse. They could not get out fast enough and were all smashed under the building.


The author's comments:

I wrote this because I thought of zombie shows and movies and wanted to have a zombie story and have it not end well.