Enlightenment | Teen Ink

Enlightenment

By BuddingRose GOLD, Irwin, Pennsylvania
BuddingRose GOLD, Irwin, Pennsylvania

"A person's a person, no matter how small." -Dr.Suess

"I don't understand what you are saying." Opal said as she saw the figure standing in front of her, talking about her true origins. Opal knew that she was had a spiritual gifts as a child, but she didn't think her real parents where guardians of some alternate dimension. The figure replied with, "You were born as a guardian, but sent to Earth as an infant."

Opal asked why, but all the figure replied with was that it was "for her safety". When Opal asked what happened, the figure explained that "At the time of your birth, you were in danger of being brainwashed by the Rouges, so your parents sent you here so you could be safe from the Rouges."

Opal asked why the figure came to her and who or what it was. The figure replied that it was her birth mother, who came to Earth to warn of an impeding attack from the Rouges on Earth. "But I can't fight an entire army, let alone a force that I never knew about until now." Opal's mother replied that, "You won't fight alone, daughter, I will train you the best to my ability." Opal replied that she didn't have any mystical powers, but her mother replied that, "You had powers, you just hid them away." Opal tried to protest, but when she saw dark clouds hovering over her home, Opal replied with, "I will finish this war once and for all."

To Be Continued...

I wanted to recreate the second half of the film The Force Awakens when Rey discovers her powers, but in a modern-fantasy kind of story with much less of Science-Fiction motifs.