Love U Like a Dream-Chapter Five (Part Two(Final)) | Teen Ink

Love U Like a Dream-Chapter Five (Part Two(Final))

April 27, 2015
By LittleTownAuthor533 SILVER, Middletown, Indiana
LittleTownAuthor533 SILVER, Middletown, Indiana
9 articles 48 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
"At any given moment, you have the power to say 'This is NOT how the story is going to end.'"

-from a picture my mom sent me in an email (AKA Unknown)


All of a sudden, as if someone just teleported outside Rebekah's door, I can hear footsteps echoing in the hall. Praying that they don't come in here, I lean down and whisper in my sister's ear, "I'll be back. Don't tell anyone I'm awake, okay?"

I look into her blank eyes, even as they seem to shine with promise.

She nods. I help her get back to her bed. I kiss her forehead and she lays down, turning on her side.

I start to walk away when-

"Wait!" She calls a little too loudly. I curse under my breath, hoping that Rebekah didn't hear me do so.

I turn to her, expectantly, "Yeah?"

She shrinks back into the small form of her in bed, "Can you tell me a story?"

I sigh, but crawl into bed next to her. I take a breath and think......What would be a good story for her?

Then I think of a perfect one:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mom laid in the hospital bed, unable to stop squirming. She was hurting, I could tell. I hoped, for her sake, that this ended soon.

"Push, Amy, push!"

I look away, unable to watch as I hear Mom struggle with this.

Before I have the chance to look back, I am rushed out of the room by one of the nurses.

I sit in a chair outside the door and to the left.

It takes a few minutes before the same nurse who rushed me out comes and get me again.

I walk through the door and gasp. I can't help it.

My new baby sister is so adorable. She is half asleep, but one of her hands is wrapped around Mom's thumb.

I step closer and pull up a chair, "What's her name gonna be?"

Mom looks down upon my new sibling for a moment, obviously thinking baout her response. Because this is what we're all waiting for: our newest family member's name.

"Rebekah," She finally answers, "Rebkah Ranae."

I beam a smile, "I love it."

"The name is perfect," the nurse chimes in.

I reach for Rebekah's hand and she opens her eyes to look at me. I'm instantly mesmerized. She has the most beautiful blue eyes I'd ever seen.

On that day, I couldn't be happier.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"That's a good story," Rebekah smiles at the air.

"I know, it's about you, of course it's a good story," I agree.

Then some of the lights turn on in the halls, which means it's my time to go.

I kiss her forehead again, "I gotta go."

She places her hand on my cheek, "You do? Why can't you stay?"

"If the doctors and nurses found out that I'm no longer comatose, they'll freak out. Especially with no warning at all."

She lowers her eyes but smiles, "Come see me again, then."

"I promise," I assure her.

I don't stop thinking of those words until I'm in my own bed again, pretending to be comatose, as the nurse checks my vitals.

So what now?


The author's comments:

This is the second part of chapter five of my first story. Oh, and I named the mother Amy because I love Doctor Who and one of my 'fans' does too. You know who you are. You're welcome.

-Magnolia, fellow whovian.