gifted | Teen Ink

gifted

By superkoala BRONZE, Little Valley, New York
superkoala BRONZE, Little Valley, New York

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
~Oscar Wilde

I was at my locker studying the color of my eyes, since someone just mentioned that they were the color of dark red, almost black, today. I looked at them, they were not dark red, I thought. They looked grey yellow to me, so I thought that the person was in a very bad mood.

Looking into the mirror, I saw the girl looking at me. She had eyes that were round, giving them an innocent look. Her lip, I knew she hated. They were well…the top lip was thin and the bottom lip was big, giving the effect that she was always pouting. Her hair was the color of….brown, just plain brown. It was wavy though, if that gives it credit.

I was studying so closely that I did not notice the hand come down on my shoulder.

I jumped, turning around to see that it was Derrick. “Derrick, you scared me”

Derrick was about six foot, blonde, and a vampire. He has lived here all his life and knew about my little “gift”.

“Well sorry about that” he said, chucking. Then he tilted his head “your eyes are dark red that they’re almost black today, are you okay?”

I narrowed my eyes “that’s what some ninth grader said to me outside” then I turned back to the mirror “they look grey yellow to me”

Huh, maybe there’s someone who’s emotion are really strong rage maybe?”

“Maybe” I shrugged “but I don’t know who it is” I turned away from the mirror, shaking my head “I don’t know, we’ll see when I’m near them”

You see when someone is really feeling an intense emotion, so intense my emotions in my eyes are drowned out so to say and their emotion is shown in my eyes. Now I said before that everyone could see their own emotions in my eyes, that is true but when someone’s emotion is so strong that one person’s emotion becomes dominate in my eyes. Just to set everything straight. I hope it is not too confusing.

“Okay see you in art,” Derrick said. Then he saluted me and walked away.

“Hey wait” I called

“Yeah?” he asked

“Where’d you get the black eye?”

I felt the surge of anger but he smiled and said “nowhere” and walked away.

Well that was a stupid answer, I though, he couldn’t get a black eye from nowhere, it had to have come from someone.

Shrugging it off, I headed to English. This is my schedule, English, biology, and geometry. Then its lunch followed by history, art, then either study hall or gym (yuck) or lab, and at the end of the day is when I go and have psychology.

I went to English ready to hear whatever lecture my teacher had to tell. Sitting in my seat, I was greeted by my friend Raven.

Raven was African American. She had blue eyes, long black hair, and she was tall, about five nine. Raven wore a necklace that contained a small green emerald. She had a long sleeved shirt and skinny jeans. Also, raven is a witch though you wouldn’t know it by looking at her. She sat on the desk in front of me and smiled.

“Hey Raven, what’s up?” I said as I set my books down, my brown hair falling in front of my eyes. Brushing it away, I looked up at her and saw the scowl on her face. “What?”

“What’s up with you? Why are your eyes red?” she leaned into me, studying my eyes. Her blue ones boring into whatever color my eyes were.

“Um I don’t know. I think there’s someone who is really p*ssed”

“Um you think? Your eyes are really dark red”

I smiled because I did not know what to say.

Then Mrs. Aback walked in. she was a human around the age of forty. Mrs. Aback was short and she was unfortunately beginning to grey. “Alright everyone take your seats.”

Raven smiled at me as Mrs. Aback was walking to her desk.

“Miss Raven please take your seat, you’re not excluded from the picture”

Then Raven rolled her eyes at me and sat in her seat. Mrs. Aback sighed then said “class we have a new student, please make him feel welcome here.” Then she gestured to the door and then I felt the surge of dark energy.

The rush of emotion came over me like water from a waterfall pouring into the mouth. Rage, pure and adulterated, was washing all over me.

Then a boy walked into the room and everyone gasped and I knew why.

The boy was tall and leanly built. The muscles under his skin were powerful looking. His hair was longish and sandy colored.

His face was framed with high cheekbones and lips of an immortal. They were very tempting lips.

He was clad in a tight black shirt and a pair of jeans. The look on his face made it seem like he wanted to be anywhere but here.

His eyes were what drew me in first; they were as dark as onyx. It was an odd combination for so light of hair tone.

The air around the room turned lustful, becoming thick with it.

Raven turned around and waggled her brows. I giggled and whispered, “That’s the guy”

Her smiled grew in to a frown and shifted back to the guy

“No s***, man I wonder what his problem is? No guy that sexy should be that p*ssed”

Before I could answer, Mrs. Aback called our attention back

“Okay Corrick pick a seat”

He started walking searching everywhere but I knew where he would end up, next to me.

When he took his seat, he did not bother saying hi.

I studied him, not his physical self but his psychological self. To any one it would seem like I was staring at them.

I breathed and focused on his soul and what I saw was weird. I saw darkness and…fire? Did I see fire in his soul? He broke my concentration when he said, “can I help you?”

I blinked and blushed “oh um… sure I’m Teagan and I was wondering if you wanted a tour of the school. You know someone you go to if you need help…” I was babbling and I knew it.

He smiled, but it was not a good one, it was more like “I intimidate you and I know it” smile. “I’m fine, but thank you for asking. Oh and if you want to get my attention don’t stare like a f***ing freak”

I stared, not knowing what to say to that. I mean I never had any one say that to me in my life. So being shy and hurt I turned away from him.

Raven looked at me and tapped her necklace. I shook my head no.

You see Raven’s and other witches power came from their necklaces. If you take away the necklace then you take away their main power.

Raven pointed to her necklace again. I shook my head, I knew Raven wanted revenge for me but I didn’t want that.

After class I went up to the boy named Corrick, “um hi” I said, he raised an eyebrow. “Um yeah, so we got off on the wrong foot this morning” I continued “I’m sorry about that this morning, I didn’t mean to stare”
“And?” Corrick asked “is that all you wanted to say to me because I’m new here and I feel like not getting a detention on my first day, so either say what your were going to say or move” his voice got cold at the end. I shivered “um I was wondering if you would like to sit with me and my friends at lunch, maybe that will relive that paranoia anger you have” I covered my mouth after that last part.

He looked confused “what did you just say?”

I blushed “um nothing, just nothing, forget I said anything” then I hurried off to my next class.

on Jun. 10 2011 at 4:57 am

~Oscar Wilde

hey if you enjoyed this part there is another part out now

on May. 1 2011 at 8:16 am

~Oscar Wilde

dont worry its going to continue im working on the next part :) 

on May. 1 2011 at 5:53 am
AussiMusicLover BRONZE, Central Coast, Other

When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams
The hottest love has the coldest end.
Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop
Falling in love is awfully simple, but falling out of love is simply awful.

Omigosh! I totally loved it! Loooovvvveeedddd itttt !!!! BUTT! I can't believe you cut it off there! I DIDNT WANT IT TO END!!!! :( lol but naa it was great! LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Draglea123 said...
I myself would enjoy it better if there weren't many cuss word. I'm not saying there's a lot but still. Good story though, a little ppint blank with characteristics and info. Like not holding it out but that's just something I noticed really.

on Apr. 28 2011 at 5:04 am

~Oscar Wilde

ok im working on the next part :)

RobbieTheGirl BRONZE, Indianola, Iowa

"And no one get's eaten by a yetti." Josh Gates
"Is he stalking her?" Peter Burke
"I'd have to look up the legal definition," Neil Caffery
"I never forget! Remember! I never forget!" Billy the Kid

More Please!