Her certain magic | Teen Ink

Her certain magic

April 27, 2015
By g_yargo BRONZE, Campbell, Ohio
g_yargo BRONZE, Campbell, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

A smile, a glance, a possibility, that's all he desired, that's all his imagination would allow him to muster up. She was painstakingly beautiful and her grace was unprecedented. Every Wednesday at 5:02 she pushed open the doors of Ellwood Library and the light that emanated from her lit up every face.

"Hello Sabrina," said the librarian at the front desk, "what'll you start today?"

"Oh, maybe I'll read A Room with a View for the millionth time," she responded with an honest giggle.

"Bonjour, Sabrina," said the janitor, "working on french again today?"

"Not today, Gus." She said with a whisk of her hand, flowers budding at her fingertip. And there I sat, saying nothing, just observing the library come to life at the mere glance of her unassuming face. She sits where she always does, the couch nearest the window. She leafs through pages, showing keen interest in every little word, as if not doing so would somehow offend them. I knew nothing about Sabrina, but I knew everything about her. Her last name began with any of 26 letters, but her heart bled with compassion and gentleness towards everyone. She's never spoken a word to me, although it shocks me because she seems to notice everyone. I would feel quite out of place approaching her, but maybe I should. Should I? I think I might, maybe today is the day. I try to rise out of my chair, quite sure that today will be the day I meet her, then nature tells me otherwise. I have Lou Gehrig's disease, I cant walk, and I can't speak even if i tried. Sabrina made me forget, the certain magic she possesses always makes me forget.