Here's to the Girls | Teen Ink

Here's to the Girls

By torilynn400 GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York
torilynn400 GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."
-President Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Here’s to all those girls who used to be his number one. The one who waited all night for him to call or text, only to check their phone the next morning and be disappointed. The ones who made it through that bitter break up, dried your own tears, and moved on with your life, only to have him walk back in it a month later like nothing ever happened. Those of you who cried on the first day you talked again because you knew exactly where this was going but weren’t strong enough to stop it. The ones who listened to him say, I only want to be your friend, one day, and the next listen to him say how much he loves and misses you. Here’s to the ones that took him back, hoping that maybe this time he was different, hoping that maybe people really do change. To the ones who did anything to see him even if they got in trouble by your parents. Here’s to the ones who held on to something that was never there to being with. This is for the girls, who somehow managed to forget about him, and waited for him to tell you that he was in love with you again, only to have him tell you three weeks later that “things were going too fast, he needs time”. Here’s to the girls who couldn’t cry to their friends because of how stupid they felt. Here’s to the wasted wishes you made at 11:11. Here’s to the ones who held it all in when it came crumbling to pieces again. Here’s to the ones who couldn’t bear to tell their moms what was going on, for the fear of an “I told you so”. The ones that could just tell they had made a mistake of ever letting him into their hearts, and their dreams again. You knew that you deserved better the entire time, that you deserve a guy would call you when he said he was going to, one who would come see you whenever he got a chance, the one that would really care about you. You just wanted the one you loved like that. Here’s to the ones that finally realized that he never gave a s*** about them. Here’s for the time he broke you heart again. I have much respect for you ladies that got mistreated and still manage to smile. I guess I respect you because, well, I am you. You deserve someone better. Smile.

Thank you! For being an angel. And reminding me I can get off the merry-go-round. Never stop writing.