Lonely Romance | Teen Ink

Lonely Romance

By Kaity-Kat BRONZE, Winfield, Missouri
Kaity-Kat BRONZE, Winfield, Missouri

Stand up for what you believe in. Even if it means standing alone

Oh, bloody… It was 3:45 am, and we were passed loopy now. I mean, we went all Tetris and tried to fit all six of us on Meg’s bed. Jay took up a third of it alone, and forced Dee half way on top of his legs. I was barely on the side, thanks to Baylee who was half cuddling with Jay and half on top of me. So, there were four of us on the twin bed. That left Luc and Meg on the floor.

“Damnit, Kate, move over!” Dee snapped, pushing Baylee into me, and I flailed to stay on the bed. I pushed back, forcing Jay closer to the wall and there for, Dee into the bottom of the bed. Jay grunted when Baylee landed an elbow into his stomach.

“Why did we agree to even try this?” I snapped, but it was weak sounding, as it was the wee hours in the morning. Jay and Luc shouldn't have even been in the room, as the rule lay down by Meg’s older brother. But, it was way too late, or early, to care. We were all on the verge of passing out and her brother wasn’t even up anymore.

“What is going on in the movie?” Dee grumbled, shifting around to get comfortable. We had popped in Alice in Wonderland, but by now, none of us were paying attention. I doubted Luc and Meg were even awake still. They got pushed off the bed, Luc by Jay when he tried lying next to me, but Jay had his arm under me. It made a comfy pillow. Meg got off when Luc was exiled to the cold floor.

I tried to focus on the movie, but it held no interest to me anymore. Not that I hadn’t watched it like five times already. I was thinking of how long before Meg and Luc got together. They went off alone a bunch during the party, and I and Dee had bets of when they would get together. This also corresponded with our bets of when Baylee and Jay would get together. I mean, Luc was my ex-boyfriend, but he was also my closest guy friend. Jay was Dee’s closer friend of the two. We thought of them as our two older brothers. Two older brothers, at times, we didn't want.

I grabbed my phone, which was laying on the stool above Lucs head. What I saw on the ground below was funny and adorable at the same time. I opened up the compose message and sent a text to Dee.
“Guess what I c”
“Wat?”
“Look ovr the side of the bed”

Dee slid over me and Baylee to see what I was talking about. She had to cover her mouth to hold the laugh back. I doubt Jay, Baylee, Luc, and Meg would be happy for waking them up. But, it would be worth it for the sight below us.

On the floor, was Luc and Meg, cuddling. Meg was curled up in her PJ’s, with Luc’s red jacket wrapped around her. Which was three times too big, and I could barely see her black pants sticking out from the side. Luc was behind her, with his arms wrapped around her. He was curled practically all the way around her. I was laughing on the inside. Dee got an evil look on her face and pulled her phone out.

Sliding off the bed carefully, she stood in front of the cuddling friends. With an evil glare, she snapped a picture and smirked. I gave her a look, and she blue toothed it to me. I, too, got a wicked idea and blue tooth the picture to Baylee, Jay and even Luc’s phones. They were in a surprise when they woke up in a few hours, I couldn't wait to see their faces, but that could hold off until I've had a few hours of sleep.

Dee had slid back onto the bed, attempting to use the mini blanket we had, and promptly passed out. I got up and turned the lamp off, and turned on a piano solo. I hated no music; I mean I have a radio on 24/7. I stepped over the cuddling couple on the ground. I slyly pulled an extra blanket from behind Lucs head. I was not dying of hypothermia.

I curled up under the blanket, trying to stay on the bed. I closed my eyes and hopefully drift off into the world of sleep. With my luck, I would get three, maybe four, hours of sleep.

The next morning, I woke up to the sunlight pouring in the side of the blanket covering Meg’s window. I sat up, and almost fell over, as Baylee was practically all over me. I shoved her back, which knocked a pillow onto Meg’s head, which woke her up.

“What the hell?” Meg asked, loudly and half slurred with sleep. Luc sat up, being rudely jarred awake, and knocked them both over since he was still curled up around her. I couldn't help it. I busted out laughing, waking the rest of my friends. Dee woke up and started laughing, too. Not only because of Luc and Meg, but also Jay and Baylee, who had fallen back asleep and were cuddling, too.

The party was epic last night, and now, our morning was epic. Not only did I have the coolest blackmail, my morning had been made. Despite having a sprain ankle, I still had an epic time, despite the twinge of jealousy with Luc and Meg. Luc and Jay left at one, Baylee left before them. Dee and I left a few hours later. Luc, before leaving, had to ask if I was mad at him. I said I wasn't, but proceeded to shoot him with an air-soft gun. I had to have a little fun, didn't I?

This story was inspired by the ending of party I went to with some of my close friends. The night was an eye opener for me and I took it to a fictional state.