Wish You Were Here With Me | Teen Ink

Wish You Were Here With Me

By BrickByBoringBrick64 SILVER, San Francisco, California
BrickByBoringBrick64 SILVER, San Francisco, California

"You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
-Dr. Seuss

I miss you and wish you were here with me.

You made things so much easier than they seemed. You never once lost hope in me when everyone else did. You were never fazed by my failures like everyone else was. You took me under your arm and gathered my dreams and success along with me. You never wronged me or made me feel worthless like they did. You egged me on until I gave in on the fun that only you could cause. You brought me to new realizations of myself and the world. But, you can’t do any of this anymore huh, Tia Selma?

Member that one day when I was about two years old and I was left with you when my mom went to go run an errand? Remember how I couldn’t stop bawling my lungs out,because I thought my mom disappeared? Geez, Grandma was no help when it came to shushing me. You, Tia, were the one who brightened that moment. Not only did I stop crying, I also didn’t want to leave your side once my mom came back. That day never slipped my memory. It’s ingraved in my head . . . my heart.

Why is it that you’re the one person who constantly pops in my head when someone mentions an inspirator? Why is it you that always could make me laugh even when you’re not around? Every second of my life is contacted with the mere thoughts of you. Your smile that always made me smile along with you is always in my train of thoughts. It’s admiration, isn’t it? I think it is.

Everyone still treats me the same. I can’t be independent or self-righteous, because it’d be like I’m breaking some rule of conduct. It’s hard to go through life feeling alone and desperate. It engulfs you in a never-ending nightmare. I hate nightmares. So, how do I manage to live in one daily? I ask myself that all the time. I never get an answer, not even a reasonable one. I guess I was kind of hoping you’d have one. I’ve asked you plenty of times, but maybe the signal up in Heaven isn’t strong enough.

You’re gone now. I cry night and day about this unbearable fact. Maybe you’ve seen me curl up in a ball and just shudder with tears. It’s not like I didn’t expect you to ever go. I know people live their lives freely, then die. But with you, it’s a different situation. I wanted more time to spend with you. Six years of my life was dedicated to being right by your side. It wasn’t enough time to see me grow up. I wanted to at least show you how amazing I’d be because of what you did for me. Then, when you’re time came, I wanted to thank you for everything you did and said to me. I guess, now is my chance. Tia, thank you for being able to keep my quivering chin high and wiping my tearstained cheeks clean. Thank you for being there when no one else was. Thank you for having confidence in me and never giving up that confidence when I slipped up. Thank you for just being there and making me laugh.

It’s impossible to forget you even after eight years. That’s me showing you that you’ll always be apart of me. I’ll be successful in life and follow your strides in being amazing and beautiful.

I love you and wish you were here with me,

Your success

This is for my Tia Selma who will always be vivid in my heart (: <3