A Teardrop for a Lover | Teen Ink

A Teardrop for a Lover

By Lady_Lemon GOLD, Franklin, Wisconsin
Lady_Lemon GOLD, Franklin, Wisconsin

You know that feeling you get when you’re around someone you love? That total bliss and joy; sometimes to an even nauseating effect where you can’t think straight? Maybe you’ve never experienced such a feeling, but I have, and let me tell you, it is incredible. Every smile is like a promise, it almost says “I will always love you and cherish these moments we spend together”. When you’re really in love with someone you get lost in the lust and passion. Suddenly you go from hanging out on the weekends to spending every second possible together, forgetting everything else except that one special person. It’s amazing.
Until it ends.
One day he’ll forget to call or text, in a week time you can barely stand him. You try to get ahold of some part of them, try to keep that love you felt alive. It’s almost impossible. A week turns into a month and you both know it won’t last another minute. Its best to end it then and there, but when love hurts, it burns, and when it burns, you drown in your own sorrow. Every tear you cry from that point on is a tear especially made for a lost love. That’s what I get for falling in love; a broken heart, and a teardrop for a lover.

I went through a pretty tough breakup about a year ago, and although it wasn't as sweet and poetic as the one in this story, I knew it was coming to an end. For anyone who's going through a breakup like this or has I can just say one thing: It does get better. Even now, a year later, I am in a new relationship, and I barely ever think about the boy who broke my heart.

Lady_Lemon GOLD, Franklin, Wisconsin
Thanks!! :) Im hoping that people can relate, and if not, can at least sympathize to the feeling.

TTTeeSS GOLD said...
TTTeeSS GOLD, La Porte, Colorado

There is no such thing as nothing, yet there is such thing as nothing, simply because there is nothing such as nothing.

I liked it. I've never been in that type of love, but I still liked it.

Lady_Lemon GOLD, Franklin, Wisconsin
Thanks, its really not my best work though.... :) 

LuxRawrs37 BRONZE, Acworth, Georgia

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it\\\'s unfamiliar territory.

sooo moving..amazing