A kiss between strangers | Teen Ink

A kiss between strangers

October 24, 2011
By KChatt. BRONZE, Bricket Wood, Other
KChatt. BRONZE, Bricket Wood, Other
3 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
I don't want the world to see me, cos i dont think that they'd understand <3


He kissed her, lightly and passionately, he wanted nothing more than to stay in this moment locked eternally in their shared embrace. Nothing in that moment had seemed better. But how much longer would the moment last? It wouldn’t be long before she ran out from behind the church they used to shield their romantic kiss and fled to the village square, disappearing from his life forever. The more he thought of this departing moment the quicker his time with this mysterious girl seemed to pass.
“Don’t go” he whispered to her softly as their lips parted and she flinched to leave.
“My father will wonder where I am” She protested. He stole her hand and held it tightly in his, bringing it up to his trembling lips, he kissed it.
“I want you to stay” he said calmly, releasing her hand which now hung loosely by her side.
“I am sorry” He took this moment to study this secretive stranger who had only just entered his life and somehow already wanted to leave it.
She had thick, dark hair that shone like glass in the sunlight, even when plaited reached her waist. In the dark, it was impossible to identify her eye colour but he found the bright whites of her eyes hypnotising. He could stare at her face forever, admiring the way her nose wrinkled when she laughed or how her eyelashes curled and fluttered so perfectly. He was about to tell her all of this but when he looked up she had vanished, his hopes of seeing her again extinguished. He would shout out her name and call out to her but truth was he didn’t know her name. So his hopes of love became fiction and thoughts of seeing this beautiful woman again drifted from his mind. If fate was on his side he would see her again but if not she would become another hazy summer memory.
There she was, kissing this strange man she didn’t know. Having only met him a few hours ago it was not in her habits to kiss him, but there was something intoxicating about the way he kissed or maybe it was something about their embrace which trapped her with this man. Behind the old church beside the village square she felt herself being obliged to go. But her heart was deeply entwined in this kiss with the handsome stranger. Paranoid as she had lived in this unpopular village all of her life anyone could see her passionately kissing this unknown tourist. She began to pull away.
“Don’t go” his silky voice whispered. For a short moment she felt herself agreeing.
“My father will wonder where I am” she protested desperately trying to unhook her heart from his stranger’s hands and escape from his grip. Failing in her task he grabbed her hand and kissed it lightly. She suddenly wished she didn’t have to go.
“I want you to stay” He pleaded, releasing her hand even so.
“I am sorry” To apologise was all she knew. She wished she could stay and admire the features of her anonymous man but instead of dwelling on what could never be she began to walk away.
She passed the eerie church ground and walked straight into the village square, smiling sweetly to the local villagers who crossed her path. They ignorantly believed she was just a harmless local girl; they had no idea she was previously kissing a man whose name she didn’t even know. After arriving home she sat down to think about that magical kiss she had shared with that man.
He had neat cropped hair, cut short due to the sweltering summer months in the village. His features all suited him perfectly and the only word she could use to describe him was perfection. He was perfect from the pink in his cheeks to the shape of his teeth. She wanted nothing more than to see him again. Just once more. When she lifted her head she was crying and when her father arrived home to see her like his as it was unusual he asked her why. Her only honest reply was I don’t know. This wasn’t a lie; she didn’t understand why this stranger had touched her so much. She prayed that if her wish did not come true and they never met again that he would fade slowly and be another blurry summer dream.


The author's comments:
I am not really sure what my inspiration was, it was just one of those random moments when you need to write something down. I just think you need to enjoy it, and please comment so I can get some feedback. Pretty please?