The Lonely Child

Imagine, the warm sun beating down from the sky, the cool breeze that brushes past the trees, and you, sitting down on an old beaten down swing that has barely any time left before it completely breaks and crumbles away to rest in peace, and to be born anew again someday.  Yet the one in this story is a young child, a young child who can think of extraordinary things within their mind, but a young child that has terrible bad luck.  Now, sit back, relax, and listen to a story that tells a tale of a ‘Lonely Child’. (A Paragraph of the Story as well as the summary.)

Chapter 1: One Chapter

Imagine, the warm sun beating down from the sky, the cool breeze that brushes past the trees, and you, sitting down on an old beaten down swing that has barely any time left before it completely breaks and crumbles away to rest in peace, and to be born anew again someday.  Yet the one in this story is a young child, a young child who can think of extraordinary things within their mind, but a young child that has terrible bad luck.  Now, sit back, relax, and listen to a story that tells a tale of a ‘Lonely Child’.

Swinging back and forth on the swing, the child reads a leather bound journal filled with the great adventures of an unknown author.  While reading the journal, the child hums a small lullaby, that was sung to them every night, a lullaby that says many thing, a lullaby that sounds a bit like a poem, but not quite.  The child hums this tune to remember the caring, loving, and beautiful voice of it’s mother, the mother that passed away not too long ago, the mother that had died from a severe illness, and the mother who would do anything for her family and their happiness.  Now you may be asking, what about the father?  Well, that would be a story that would be best to tell later, now let’s rewind back to the lonesome child sitting on the broken and beaten down swing. 

Chapter 2: Two Chapters

Turning, flipping, skimming, and turning, this is what the child is doing at the moment, trying to find the page with it’s favorite adventure, an adventure that tells a story of another young child, but this one is younger than our main character you see.  This child has a name, Jade, a young girl that has such curiosity of the world, a young girl that has family that loves her, a young girl that celebrates every second of her life like it was a holiday everyday, a young girl who has lots of friends, and a young girl who is never lonely.

Much different than our own little protagonist, a child that only has an imagination to keep them company, a child that keeps to themselves, a child that reads almost every second of the day, a child that only has a grandmother to care and love for them, a child who has no friends, a child that everyone thinks is a weirdo, a child that writes their imagination down in a leather bound journal that consist of the things she wants but will never have, and a child who has been left alone to be lonely for the rest of their life.

Chapter 3: Three Chapter, and The Last Chapter of this Short Story

Now, the child finds the page it was looking for, it rereads it over and over, until, it becomes bored with the story, until it becomes bored with the outside, until it gets bored of being lonely, and until it gets bored with being in the same place forever and ever.  So then, the lonely child closes the journal with a sigh, puts it down, and gets up from the swing to start venturing down the pathway of dirt and gravel, and through the opening of trees, to the place it now calls home, walks up the long set of wooden stairs to the porch, turns around to look at the sunset, and says eight simple words, “Maybe being alone isn’t so bad, right mom?”.
Then, with nothing else to say, the child turns back to the closed screen door of the old Kentucky countryside house, and goes in so it can greet its grandmother, and so it could try and start a new and different life the next day. 
So now, without further adieu, I leave the story here for you, the reader, to read over and over until you get bored, or until you find a new meaning about things in life that you never saw before till now.