Sad girl | Teen Ink

Sad girl

December 18, 2013
By Gwenyth_ann BRONZE, Wells, Maine
Gwenyth_ann BRONZE, Wells, Maine
2 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Sitting alone in my bedroom again, but for once i wasn't checking my Facebook or ask.fm for the comments or posts telling me to die or how gross and fat i am. I couldn't even look at my phone anymore the texts were out of hand. as i was sitting there with tears in my eyes, my mother knocked on my door

"Sky?" i replied after a moment of pulling myself together. "yes mom?" " are you eating tonight or did you eat at Gabriela's again"

i told her yes even though i hadn't and that i didn't even have a friend named Gabriela. but the less she worries the better. as i heard her walking away and down the stairs i let out the tears, then my phone went off i checked it because i didn't care anymore. it was from jen "hey sky check out Facebook I'm sure you'll love whats going around about you now haha." i knew jen hated me so i got worried. logging on quickly i had 10 notifications scrolling threw i found a picture of me that someone had edited an made me look like a big fat gross pig.

That was it i am done. slamming the screen shut. i jumped off my bed covered in pillows and green blankets. lifting the mattress i saw the familiar razor blade it seemed to smile at me being my one and only friend. i grabbed it and held it to my wrist again the scars were noticeable going from my wrist to my elbow. this time i cut deep, then deeper. till i couldn't even feel it. finally i stopped arm covered in dripping blood, the shiny metal razor was now red. i wiped it off then my arm. once i was done cleaning up, i jumped into my bed. i felt the pain started coming back but at least it was in my arm not my heart or mind for once.

i woke up early to a sharp pain, i opened my eyes and realized i must have rollin over on to my arm. getting out of bed i looked threw my clothes, i found a plain white shirt, and a pair of jeans. looking at my arm i realized i needed a sweatshirt. looking around i saw my green baggy one and grabbed it pulling it over my head i felt better, safer wearing that sweatshirt

i remember that day my daddy left, he was mad, and sick of fighting with mom. he gave me a hug and a kiss and his sweatshirt i was only 7, I thought he'd be back. he never ever came back to me and mommy. forcing her to constantly be at work, and have no time for me anymore.

napping out of the memories, i wiped the tears that had come to my eyes. put on my ratty old sneakers and left. barely making the bus i walked down the aisle some jocks looked at me and started laughing, making pig noises. i sat alone and listened to falling in reverse. the bus came to a stop at the high school. i stood up and walked off the bus but on my way one of the big headed jocks tripped me. making me fall in front of the whole bus. I stood up silently an hurried off the bus. i went threw first and second block with no problems. before lunch i stopped at the bathroom, jen and her friends they just giggled and pointed at me like always. after i used the bathroom i pulled up my sleeves to wash my hands. i had completely forgot in about last nights break down. They stopped laughing and looked at me but not my face they were staring at my wrist. The cuts, I hide them as quickly as I could I ran out of the bathroom, running from the laughter, the girls tell me I'm a waste of space, to go die, cut deeper. I ran out of the school, I went home. Tears running down my face I grabbed the razor again. This timing going even deeper suddenly I looked down it wasn't normal it hurt more there was more blood. I was dizzy suddenly I dropped to the ground still holding the the razor still cutting. Till my body just couldn't take it and finally let me go.
I died that day all because I never asked for help, my mother found me. She was heartbroken and even called my dad. They both were together crying at my funeral the kids at school realized their jokes weren't so funny. And nothing was the same at my home ever again. What if I had tried a little harder ? What if I went to a doctor ? What if some one had noticed? We will never know.