My Angel's Message | Teen Ink

My Angel's Message

December 4, 2013
By Eternity99 SILVER, North Fort Myers, Florida
Eternity99 SILVER, North Fort Myers, Florida
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!” bob marley


The wind blew as hard as it could while the rain pierced my sensitive skin. The heavens were as dark as the blind. My short brown hair blew in scattered directions angrily. My eyes were squinting and i breathe heavily out of my nose, for i was soaken wet, cold, only wearing a t-shirt and cargo shorts.
I Stood in an open football field, alone, secluded from humans. Though the earth brought raindrops as sharp as blades upon me, i felt no pain, only awaitance.
Minutes, and minutes passed me by. I occupied myself by watching the clouds shift wildly in the sky. I stood in one position, my hands in a fist, jammed in my pockets, my legs matching shoulder length. No muscle is to move, not even an eye, for I could miss the sign any second.
Hours, hours, but i remained still. Then I saw him. My best friend, my greatest idol, my most trusted friend, number fifteen, had sprouted his wings. He was no color, plain, white. He was a blurred figure, quite puffy. His wings fluttered gracefully behind him, and his jersey. He hovered, floating freely in the sky connecting his eyes with mine. He was a beautiful portrait.
Then the winds whispered to me, so quietly, so softly, but successfully blocked out the roars of the rain. "Don't forget me, my friend, i love you, and I am happy to be in the heavens where you will soon become a fellow angel", said my friend.
The rains went away. The tree's stopped rustling as the winds stopped howling. My clothes dried by the second, and the sky cleared into a baby blue color where the sun blinded me. My friend's portrait dissapeared, and i was headed home.


The author's comments:
this piece came about when one of my relatives passed away and I believe in miracles, so I thought of a story that would explain how it would be if I saw a miracle like the one in the piece. I hope people will believe in miracles as strong as I do.