The only thing | Teen Ink

The only thing

July 21, 2011
By XAlwaysLieX BRONZE, Rutland, Virginia
XAlwaysLieX BRONZE, Rutland, Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"This selfish mind of mine, will you except it?"


Shoving my way threw the crowd of hundreds and hundreds of people, I fell to my knees and began to gasp helplessly for air~

Five hours later I woke up. Same place, same position I clearly passed out in. Five hours and nobody helped me.
I was bloody. Unsure of if the traces of blood where from being stepped over so many times, or from the lengthy throbbing cut that lay on my arm. I couldn't believe I passed out.
Forcing myself up, standing on my wobbly legs, I felt like a new born fawn.
Except a fawn wouldn't have grabbed the abandoned bottle of Gin, like I did. Chugging it, forcing the burning liquid down my throat seemed like the only Novocaine that would numb the loneliness I felt inside.
When the Gin was down, stumbling my way threw the abandoned parking lot, to the swinging bridge seemed so harmless.
Looking down into the water I saw someone, a dirty, drunk mess with foggy green eyes. I didn't want to believe that was me. But when I realized she was in fact me, I hated myself just as much as everybody else did.
I shouldn't have jumped.
I shouldn't have leaped to my death with an empty bottle of gin in my hands, with the current so strong. Because if I would have waited, just a few minutes more, I would have saw him. The guy who was told I went home but came rushing back when he didn't find me in bed. The guy who'd never forget about me but I, I seemed to always forget about him. I should have waited. Because with a ring in his pocket and A tear streaming down his face, he watched my lifeless body float down stream. With losing the one he loved, taking his own life was the only thing he could do.


The author's comments:
Sometimes you need to look past all the people who put you down and maybe just maybe you'll find someone who actually cares.