High School Shooting | Teen Ink

High School Shooting

By fashionlover16 SILVER, New Gloucester, Maine
fashionlover16 SILVER, New Gloucester, Maine

I honestly don't know what my favorite personal quote is. I can tell u what i like, if u want that. I really like the twilight series. whenever my mom suggests that we should go shopping, i light up. I love shopping. well thats about it, byez!!!!! <3

So one day I was just hanging out in the hallways, with my friends, before the bell rung. I didn't have very long, but little did I know that. All of a sudden I here a loud POW! And just out of reaction, I start running, tripping over people, as I keep hearing POW! POW! POW! Then I feel a deep pain, in my left leg. Shooting down from my knee to the tip of my foot. I collapse, down with the rest of the people. I look up, to see who was shooting at my school, and it was my ex best friend, Kyle. I start to wonder why he is doing this, but I am in to much pain to think. I try to sit up and to see what is going on, and I see that there is a bunch of kids on the floor, screaming, kids running, teachers telling them to calm down, but they dont listen. There is one teacher that is on his cell, I assume he is calling the cops. Not even 5 minutes later, the police is here, and the EMT's are at everybody's side. I see Kyle he is being questioned by one of the cops, he is in hand cuffs. I never thought I would see one of my friends in hand cuffs. A EMT wakes me up from my gazing. He asks me “ What is your name?” I reply saying that it is Ariana. Then he asks me where it hurts, and I say that I cant feel my left leg. So he and 4 other EMT's lift me up into a ambulance. In 10 minutes I am at Maine Medical hospital in Portland. It is really packed there. I try to focus on what happening, but I cant before I black out.

When I wake up, I see my best friend, victoria, my parents, and my little brother all sitting around me. My mom is the first one to notice that I am awake. She jumps up and she runs to hug me. I ask what happened. But before she can reply, a nurse, all joyful and happy, dressed in a navy blue outfit, with white sneakers. I assume she is about 25, she looks really young. So I ask her what happened. She says that a guy brought a gun into my school and started shooting. I ask her who it was, and she says that it was Kyle Nevel. So I say “ but that was my best friends name”. I now think that that was a stupid statement. No wonder it was my ex best friends name. She says that I got shot in the left leg, and that they had to amputate it. I did not wake up at all through the surgery. I had been sleeping for 3 days straight. I think “ 3 DAYS, REALLY????” I've never slept that long, in fact the longest that I had ever slept, before sleeping 3 days was like, 10 hours. So I look down and all I see is half of my leg, my knee is gone. I tell the nurse that I had a headache, so she left to go and get some morphine. I look over to my best friend and ask her “why did Kyle do this?” She replies by saying “ I don’t know Ari, i really don’t know. I wish I-” and she starts crying, I ask her to stop, because I will be fine, but she doesn’t. My dad talks for the first time, and he tells me that I will be out of here in 4 days. And that I will be missing school for 1 week. I will be in a wheelchair, until the doctors build me a prosthetic leg. Not to long after that, I fall asleep.

When I wake up, it is almost time for me to go home. I had slept for another 3 days, and I was going to go home tomorrow morning. I was glad that I was going home. Even though I was not awake for most of me being at the hospital, it will be nice to be back in my own bed.

not much, this is just about a girl and her story on how her school got shot up

on May. 8 2019 at 10:47 am
rachelorozco13, Houston, Texas
this story was beautiful and it brought me too tears your strong and i will recommend to a friend :)

on May. 12 2013 at 8:13 pm
CheeseWrita BRONZE, New Gloucester, Maine
Your story is a little dark but I really liked it.  I havn't had the chance to read any of your other stories and I know you probably wrote this a long time ago but you should continue the story and write about the main characters life after having her leg amputated.

on Feb. 5 2012 at 8:42 am

y dont u get it?

on Oct. 6 2011 at 12:18 pm
i dont get it

on Dec. 8 2010 at 9:57 am

here is another  piece of my writing, hope you like it!!