Lockdown | Teen Ink

Lockdown

By Shanaya. SILVER, New Haven, Connecticut
Shanaya. SILVER, New Haven, Connecticut

Never judge a book by its cover.

Feet running, sirens going, child panting, heart drop.
I am caught.
Here I am, in a room filled with strangers trying to catch my attention. They are nice, I am silent, I am confused.
As I look into the eys of the people that stand before me, I think.
They tell me that they want to help me and I say okay. I tell them, I show them . The REAL me. The me that I have been hidden for 14 years of my life . They like her, some love her, I AM HER !

In a room filled with complete darkness, I ask her. I ask her does she really want to change herself to benefit herself or the others around her? She is silent. She has no answer. I ask once agian, and she moans. For she doesn't want to answer such a silly question she say to me.

I scream.
She covers her ears. She doesnt want to hear my plee. I ask her to help me, help me change.
She looks into the depths of my beautiful hazel eyes and exhales very slowly. I await my answer as I hide under my cover to shield myself from regection.

Her words cut like scissors on a paper. Her answer is
yes.
I am shocked. I am stuck.
For this is a miricle, I cant believe what has gone threw my head. For we have made a big step.

VioletsandVoice, Spiritwood, North Dakota
i liked the story but the ending seems sort of sudden and i don't really know where you were going with it. maybe you should write a sequel?