The Medic

By integra BRONZE, Berkeley, California
integra BRONZE, Berkeley, California

(note if you don’t like the thought of death or gore then don’t read) thank you and enjoy!
P.S This is not 100% nonfiction but I try to make this as realistic as possible.
Note: This is a work in progress!

Chapter 1: Deployment

April/19/1915

Dear Reader,

My name is Frank Lynch i'm part of the an cóir leighis (Irish medical corps)

Today me & the lads are heading to the fronts. My squad mates Connor, O'malley, Sean & me have been training medical procedures for almost a year so I think were prepared for the worst...hopefully.    I Better get some sleep.  -Lynch

Chapter 2: Here It Is

April, 22nd, 1915

Dear Reader,

We finally we arrived to the HQ in France. Me & my squad go to the tents & get our equip’mnt then the sarge comes in & tells us we need to hurry up and send support to a squad west of the trench’s, I have to go.      - Lynch

Chapter 3: The Gas

April, 22nd, 1915
Dear Reader,

We’ve made it to west squad & it’s quiet, too quiet, no artillery booming, no bullets, nothing… We unpack our medical supplies & start patching wounds & bringing food & water of course nothing's warm that's impossible. I spot a green mist coming from the german trenches, I yell “GAS!” & quickly grab the gas masks nearby but nobody else does except the medic squads. The gas is getting closer & closer so I run over & put masks on the wounded then I Shout to the scout
“Go, Run to HQ & send reinforcements and make sure they have gas masks!”

I see him get in the jeep & flore it. The gas is finally here & the gas is so thick that we can’t even see the ground but off in the distance Connor & me can hear choking & gasping. I start to panic & then a artillery shell comes out of nowhere & lands in the trench the gas clears out… all I see is death & blood everywhere.
my squad was the only ones without major injuries. 5~ish minutes  pass & the cavalry arrives. Medics, soldiers & guns. Were saved…  - Lynch

Chapter 4: Recovory

April/23/1915
Dear Reader,

O’malley & Sean got shrapnel in their arms so we got called back to HQ. I was traumatized all the death everywhere I thought we were prepared but I was wrong, so wrong. I have to stay strong, for my wife katherine & for Ireland!  -Lynch

Chapter 5: Happy New Years!

December, 31st, 1915,
Dear Reader,
Happy new years people! Tonight we get drunker than the ocean is water…  -Lynch

Chapter 6: Almost A Year Later & I Can’t Believe they did it...

April, 29th, 1917,
The Brits actually surrendered. They were over by the town of Kut-al-Amara then they just left, surrendered.  -Lynch

I was inspierd to write this by the video game Battlefield 1. And Call Of Duty ww2.

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!